The map above shows the top tourist attraction based on the autocompleted Google answer to the question “What to see in…?” each of the European (ad surrounding) countries above.
Just keep in mind Google alters its results based on user location, so if you do a similar search you may see slightly different results.
See the full list below:
- Albania: Albanian Riviera
- Algeria: Notre Dame d’Afrique
- Andorra: Vallnord
- Armenia: Geghard
- Austria: Schönbrunn Palace
- Azerbaijan: Maiden Tower
- Belarus: Mir Castle Complex
- Belgium: Grand Place
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Stari Most
- Bulgaria: Rila Monastery
- Croatia: Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Cyprus: Kykkos Monastery
- Czech Republic: Charles Bridge
- Denmark: Tivoli Gardens
- Estonia: Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
- Finland: Suomenlinna
- France: Eiffel Tower
- Georgia: Narikala
- Germany: Neuschwanstein Castle
- Greece: Acropolis of Athens
- Hungary: Buda Castle
- Iceland: Blue Lagoon
- Iran: Naqsh-e Jahan Square
- Iraq: National Museum of Iraq
- Ireland: Cliffs of Moher
- Israel: Sea of Galilee
- Italy: Colosseum
- Jordan: Petra
- Kazakhstan: Ascension Cathedral
- Kosovo: Visoki Dečani
- Latvia: Freedom Monument
- Lebanon: Jeita Grotto
- Liechtenstein: Vaduz Castle
- Lithuania: Hill of Crosses
- Luxembourg: Bock
- Macedonia: Church of St. John
- Malta: Ħaġar Qim
- Moldova: Ștefan cel Mare Central Park
- Monaco: Oceanographic Museum
- Morocco: Atlas Mountains
- Montenegro: Lake Skadar
- Netherlands: Rijksmuseum
- Norway: Oslofjord
- Poland: Auschwitz
- Portugal: Belém Tower
- Romania: Peleș Castle
- Russia: Kremlin
- San Marino: Guaita
- Saudi Arabia: Al-Masjid an-Nabawi
- Serbia: Belgrade Fortress
- Slovakia: Devin Castle
- Slovenia: Lake Bled
- Spain: Sagrada Família
- Sweden: Vasa Museum
- Switzerland: Swiss Alps
- Syria: Umayyad Mosque
- Tunisia: Bardo National Museum
- Turkey: Hagia Sophia
- Turkmenistan: Neutrality Monument
- Vatican: Vatican Museums
- United Kingdom: Tower of London
- Ukraine: Kiev Pechersk Lavra
What do you think of the choices above? Let us know in the comments section below. And if you enjoyed the map please help us by sharing it with a friend:
Philipp Klein says
Luxembourg should be the “Casemates du Bock”.
You ignor AUSTRIA! This is a big mistake! You have no education in history!
SORRY MY MISTAKE I SEE NOW SCHLOSS SCHÖNBRUNN!
Belgium : Every city has a grand place which city do you mean
Netherlands : there are a lot of Rijksmuseums in different cities , so which city?
Luxemburg : the name is Casemates du Bock
Another map that subsumes the four nations of the UK into one, giving an English answer. What about Edinburgh Castle? Poor show.
Kanika Bakshi says
You could not say preferably that this country is best or that country is best to visit every country has a unique thing to see every country has a different history I might visit most of them but would not say that some is best and others are not thanks for the wonderful post and thanks for the list.
No cuz RODO says
Aushwitz isn’t landmark of Poland because it is german building!
Alain Terrieur says
Why is the Blue Lagoon in Iceland in green? This is not ‘nature’ but rather ‘Resort’ or ‘Recreation’ as category.
Royal Wawel Castle in Krakow or Old town in Krakow is more a landmark of Poland than Auschwitz built and run by Germans
Mark Davies says
Switzerland – Alps?