FIDI (Fédération Internationale des Déménageurs Internationaux; The Federation of International Movers) is a global umbrella organisation of international moving and relocation businesses.
It describes itself as a worldwide industry standard for top quality movers and has pioneered the FIDI Accredited International Mover (FAIM) Quality Management Programme, a quality certification programme dedicated exclusively to the international moving industry.
Key facts about the organisation:
- FIDI represents over 600 independent companies in more than 100 countries.
- FIDI is the largest umbrella organisation of international removals and relocation companies.
- FIDI offers both personal relocation and business relocation.
- All FIDI Affiliates must comply with a rigorous FIDI-FAIM quality standard.
- FIDI offers the FAIM Quality Management Programme, which is considered one of the most rigorous standards in the industry with more than 200 quality requirements relating to both operations and customer services.
- Every FIDI Affiliate has to go through a periodic independent assessment of their international moving activities. If they fail their assessment, they are terminated from FIDI.
- All FIDI affiliates must sign, and adhere to, a mandatory Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Charter.
- All FIDI members must also be FAIM certified – this is applied for at the same time as membership.
- FAIM Plus is available to those who have ISO 9001 certification.
FIDI organization profile
FIDI is a global movers association that offers its affiliates a strong, recognised seal of approval for services, increased networking opportunities, and the opportunity to expand a business.
It holds regular conferences and runs training sessions for members from all over the world and offers members a payments protection plan, which helps them to protect up to 90% of the value of their invoices. FIDI has also positioned itself to keep its affiliates up to date with the latest industry news and has an industry panel that offers expert guidance and handles disputes between members.
The FIDI Accredited International Mover (FAIM) Quality Management Programme is part of the FIDI offering, a quality certification for the moving industry that was developed via consultation and best practice from the best of large, small, private and public international moving companies from all over the world.
Criteria for membership:
To join The FIDI Global Alliance you must fulfil the following mandatory requirements:
- Comply with FIDI’s regulations
- Operate in intercontinental moving services for at least 2 years prior to application
- Perform a minimum of 10 intercontinental moves per year*
- Have appropriate and adequate insurance cover
- Sign the FIDI Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Charter (FIDI ABC Charter)
- Be financially healthy (your financial health will be checked by an independent auditor during the application phase)
- Be FIDI-FAIM certified (you will apply for FAIM certification at the same time that you apply for FIDI membership)
The FIDI-FAIM certification programme requires that international movers have a periodic independent assessment of their inter-continental moving activities through an independent audit, which is performed every three years.
This ensures that FIDI companies work to a worldwide common standard for managing and performing international moving services in a uniformed, quality-minded and effective way. It also provides a transparent mechanism that ensures that the standards remain high.
From an end customer’s point of view, a FAIM certified company gives the person who moves and the HR department who is organising his move, confidence that the company knows the business and has the resources and know-how to do the job properly.
The on-site assessment is independently performed by international assessors Ernst & Young.
Some Member Companies
- Cadogan Tate
- Harrow Green
- Santa Fe Relocation
- Team Relocations
- Nippon Express
- Crown Relocations
- Conroy Removals
- Mudanzas Gou
- Gil Stauffer
Opinions about the organization
FIDI is highly regarded by those movers who mention it on their websites, both with respect to the significant resources it has and the fact that auditing is ongoing.
Independence is another key factor in the reputation that FIDI has built – every moving company has an on-site compliance procedure carried out by a consultant from outside its country.
For moving companies that aspire to the maximum quality levels, FAIM/ISO provides the highest certification standard available in the world.
There are numerous moving companies throughout the world. How do you separate the good ones from the bad? You start with FIDI/FAIM, the gold standard for international moving.
This is the most stringent, all encompassing quality program for the international moving industry and has more than 200 quality requirements relating to an organization’s operations and services to customers. FIDI now offers an accreditation called FAIM.