Sending and receiving money can be a cumbersome, time-consuming, and expensive process. We all remember the days when it was a real struggle to send money to family or friends overseas. The process was accompanied by long queues at the bank, high transaction fees, and long waiting times. It was always frustrating to see a significant portion of your hard-earned money go to waste in transaction fees.
However, with the rise of convenient international money transfer providers, all of that changed. Send Payments is one of the many international money transfer services that has made the lives of thousands much more comfortable.
With Send Payments, people and businesses can send money internationally and make all kinds of cross-border payments in just a few clicks, without worrying about high fees or long waiting times. The platform is incredibly user-friendly and reliable, making it a hassle-free experience to transfer money abroad.
Let’s dive deeper into Send Payments and its features, the costs related to their service, and its safety and speed, and give you a comprehensive review of the platform.
Who are Send Payments?
Send Payments, formerly known as SendFX, is an international money transfer service founded in 2018 and rebranded as Send Payments in 2021. With a mission to simplify and streamline the process of sending and receiving payments across borders, Send Payments has a global presence in over 180 countries worldwide, making it one of the most accessible money transfer services on the market.
The company is headquartered in Gold Coast, Australia, where the work culture is centered around providing a convenient and reliable service to its customers. They pride themselves on being transparent with their bank-beating exchange rates, ensuring that their customers receive the best value for their money.
The team at Send Payments is dedicated to continuously improving the platform’s features and functionality to meet the evolving needs of its users. Currently, their number stands at 57 employees stationed at the company’s domestic offices and some who work remotely from abroad.
In terms of its economic and social impact, Send Payments has played a significant role in facilitating cross-border transactions for individuals and businesses alike on the Australian market. By offering a more cost-effective and efficient solution to traditional money transfer methods, Send Payments has enabled people to send money more frequently, which has had a positive impact on both local and global trade and commerce.
What makes Send Payments unique is its commitment to customer satisfaction. The company offers dedicated account managers for every client, ensuring that users can get the help they need at any time. The online community regards them as one of the best money transfer services overall, with a Trustpilot rating at the highest spot.
Send Payments Pros & Cons
|1.||Multiple payment options – Send Payments offers a variety of payment options for its customers, making it convenient for them to transfer money in a way that works best for them. From the available options, they can choose bank account, POLi, and PayID.||No cash pickup option – Unlike some of its competitors, Send Payments doesn’t offer a cash pickup option, which can be inconvenient for some users who prefer this method of receiving money.|
|2.||Amazing customer service – Send Payments provides exceptional customer service, which is evidenced by the numerous positive reviews left by satisfied customers online.||Minimum transfer limit – Send Payments has a minimum transfer limit of AU$250 (or currency equivalent), which may not be suitable for individuals looking to transfer smaller amounts of money.|
|3.||High Trustpilot rating – Send Payments has an exceptionally high Trustpilot rating (4.9 out of 5 stars), indicating that it has a strong reputation for reliability, security, and customer service.||Limited exotic currency coverage – Send Payments has limited coverage of exotic currencies, capping its support to 37 currencies.|
|4.||No transfer fees – Send Payments doesn’t charge any transfer fees, allowing customers to save money on their international money transfers.||No option for instant custom quotes – Send Payments doesn’t offer instant custom quotes, instead, it requires everyone who’s interested in their services to sign up for an online account and fill in their personal information in order to receive a quote.|
|5.||Favorable exchange rates – Send Payments offers competitive exchange rates, thus helping customers get more value for their money. Their profit margin is about 1% (added to the mid-market exchange rate).||Lack of a mobile app – Send Payments currently doesn’t have a mobile app. This may be an inconvenience for users who prefer to use mobile devices for faster and remote account management.|
|6.||Fast money transfers – Send Payments facilitates money transfers in a fast manner, with money reaching their final destination within a timeframe of a few hours up to 2 business days.|
|7.||Dedicated account managers – Send Payments provides dedicated account managers for every client, ensuring that customers receive personalized and professional service.|
|8.||Flexible business solutions – Send Payments offers hedging options (such as limit orders, stop orders, and delayed contracts) for business clients to help them manage their international payments and transactions.|
|9.||Global service coverage – Send Payments offers global service coverage, making it easy for customers to transfer money to over 180 countries worldwide.|
|10.||Modern web design – Send Payments follows all modern practices when it comes to designing a modern and user-friendly website, making its user experience enjoyable and practical.|
Send Payments Key Attributes
- Founded: 2018
- Headquarters: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Other offices: Besides their main office in Gold Coast, Send Payment have two additional offices in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia;
- Annual trading volume: Facilitating money transfers of about AU$200 million per year, Send Payments has managed to exchange over AU$1 billion in transactions over their entire existence on the international market;
- Number of employees: At the moment of writing this review, Send Payment boasts 57 employees across three continents;
- Trustpilot rating: Along with Currencies Direct and TorFX, Send Payments is the best-rated money transfer service on Trustpilot with a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars;
- Number of clients: Send Payments don’t specify the exact number of their clients on their website, but they do state that, so far, they’ve served clients in more than 100 countries around the world;
- Available countries: With Send Payments, personal and business clients from almost 60 countries all over the world can send to individuals or other businesses located in more than 180 countries on all continents;
- Number of currencies: Send Payments supports all major currencies and even some exotic ones. The total number of supported currencies at the moment of writing is 37. While that might be less than what other providers include in their coverage, it’s still a solid offering for most who’ll need to perform an international currency exchange.
- Minimum transfer limit: There are a good amount of services that don’t impose a minimum transfer limit on the transfers they facilitate. Send Payments is not among them as they require at least AU$250 to be deposited when making an international money transfer;
- Maximum transfer limit: While Send Payments may put a cap on their minimum transfer amount, they don’t explicitly specify if they have a maximum transfer limit. On their website, they state that clients can send even $25 million at once, so we’re not sure if that’s an actual limit or an indicator of their money-handling power. Although, it should be noted that clients that wish to set up recurring, daily transfers will be subject to a maximum transfer limit of AU$25,000;
- Transfer fee: This aspect, or better said the lack of it, is one of Send Payments’ biggest selling points. Unlike most other companies in the international money transfer space, Send Payments impose no transfer fees no matter the transfer type or the amount of the transfer;
- Exchange rate markup: As a way to generate profit, Send Payments add a margin to the mid-market exchange rate whenever clients exchange one currency into another. The markup is about 1% of the total amount of the transfer and it is added to the mid-market exchange rate;
- Sending money through: All Send Payments customers can use their personal or corporate bank account to fund their international money transfers. As the provider is geared toward serving mostly customers located in Australia and New Zealand, there are also options to use POLi and PayID as a way to pay for money transfers;
- Receiving money through: At the moment, recipients who need to get their money through Send Payments can do so only through a bank account. There are no options for digital wallets or cash pickups;
- Payments flexibility: Send Payment’s clients can use their web platform or call their toll-free phone number to initiate an international money transfer with great ease;
- Supported languages: Send Payments’ website and customer support service are currently available only in English;
- Regulated by: In order to protect their beneficiaries’ assets and comply with state and international legislation, Send Payments are regulated by the ASIC – Australian Securities and Investments Commission as SendFX Pty Ltd ACN 617 647 220. They are also registered with the AUSTRAC – Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre as a remittance provider and are a member of the AFCA – Australian Financial Complaints Authority. Their license number with the AFSL – Australian Financial Services License department is 509635;
- Mobile app: At the moment of writing this review, Send Payments still don’t provide a mobile app for easier money transfer initiation and tracking. However, they’ve made some noise in the past that their mobile app is in progress, so we assume they’ll soon launch it for Android and iOS users;
- Awards: As a new player on the international money transfer scene, Send Payments have yet to prove their skills and expertise in dealing with complex financial activities. However, in recent years, they’ve gathered some notable recognition, and judging by that, it’s safe to say they’re on a solid path of stable growth:
- Best International Money Transfer Provider (Mozo Experts Choice Awards, 2020);
- Finnies Finalist (FinTech Australia Awards, 2020);
- Most Promising Money Transfer Service for 2022 (MoneyTransferComparison, 2022).
Send Payments Features
Send Payments offers two types of accounts (personal and business), each with its own set of benefits and features.
Personal accounts are ideal for individuals who send money to family and friends or make online purchases. With a personal account, users can enjoy the following benefits:
- Fast and secure spot contracts. Clients can send money in a safe way to over 180 countries worldwide, using current exchange rates;
- Competitive exchange rates. With low exchange rate margins, Send Payments could potentially save great amounts of money when transferring funds internationally;
- Dedicated support. Send Payments provides dedicated account managers for every client to assist them with any queries or issues they may have.
Business accounts are suitable for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that make international payments to vendors, suppliers, or contractors located abroad. Here are the benefits that come with a business account:
- Regular payments. Send Payments allows users to make recurring payments to multiple recipients, saving time and reducing administrative costs;
- Limit orders. Clients can buy or sell a currency at a specified or better price. This type of order is useful when the user wants to wait for a particular exchange rate to become available before executing the transfer, resulting in saving money;
- Stop orders. Clients can buy or sell a currency at a specified or worse price. This type of order is useful when the user wants to minimize their losses in case the exchange rate moves against them, allowing them to protect their funds;
- Delayed contracts. Send Payments allows users to fix an exchange rate for a future date. Delayed orders are great when sending money at a specific time in the future with the ability to lock in the exchange rate at the current market rate. This can help users avoid exchange rate fluctuations and ensure their funds arrive at the intended amount.
Send Payments International Money Transfer Costs
Send Payments prides itself on offering competitive rates and no fees for international money transfers. Their clients can choose the most cost-effective transfer option that suits them the most and take advantage of fee-free service. Here’s an overview of the costs associated with using the Send Payments platform:
Send Payments doesn’t charge a transfer fee ($0) for any of the international money transfers that go through their platform. Fee-free transfers can provide a great opportunity to save money and increase the value of the funds being transferred.
This gives the company a competitive advantage over other platforms that charge fees. Customers are more likely to choose a platform that offers fee-free transfers, which can help attract new users and retain existing ones.
Send Payments offers competitive exchange rates for international money transfers. As a way to generate profit, Send Payments introduce a margin that they add to the mid-market exchange rate whenever clients exchange one currency into another. The markup is about 1% of the total amount of the transfer and it is added to the mid-market exchange rate.
Adding a small exchange rate margin makes Send Payments’ rates more favorable than the rates offered by traditional banks, which can charge higher margins.
Send Payments does not charge any additional fees for bank transfers no matter whether you wish to use a simple spot contract or take advantage of limit orders. However, it’s possible for third parties to charge fees when processing an international money transfer. Here are a couple of scenarios where third-party fees may apply:
- Correspondent banks: When sending money internationally, Send Payments may use correspondent banks to facilitate the transfer. Correspondent banks are banks in the recipient’s country that work with the sender’s bank to ensure the transfer is completed. These banks may charge fees for their services, which can be deducted from the transfer amount. Send Payments has no control over these fees, as they are charged by the correspondent banks and not by Send Payments;
- Intermediary financial institutions: Similar to correspondent banks, intermediary financial institutions may be involved in the transfer process, particularly for certain currencies and routes. These institutions may also charge fees for their services, which can be deducted from the transfer amount. Again, Send Payments takes no part from the fees that may arise in this scenario.
How Safe is Send Payments?
Send Payments is a serious player when it comes to the security and safety of their customers’ money. Here’s an overview of the measures the platform takes to ensure that its customers’ funds are protected:
- Regulation and authorization: Send Payments is authorized to operate in various countries and is regulated by the financial authorities in those countries. Primarily, they are a member of the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) and enjoy a global network of banking services.
In their home country, they’re regulated by the ASIC – Australian Securities and Investments Commission as SendFX Pty Ltd ACN 617 647 220. They are also registered with the AUSTRAC – Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre as a remittance provider and are a member of the AFCA – Australian Financial Complaints Authority. Their license number with the AFSL – Australian Financial Services License department is 509635;
- Compliance and anti-fraud measures: Send Payments has strict compliance and anti-fraud measures in place to prevent fraud and money laundering. The platform verifies the identity of its users and conducts KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) checks to ensure that all transactions are legitimate. Send Payments also uses fraud detection tools to monitor transactions for suspicious activity and has a dedicated team that investigates any potential fraudulent activity.
This allows Send Payments to send money all over the world. However, the KYC policies, along with certain screening requirements and international sanctions, they are prohibited from sending or receiving funds to the following countries and territories: Iraq, North Korea, Cuba, South Sudan, Syria, Guinea-Bissau, Libya, Zimbabwe, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon, Venezuela, Eritrea, Iran, Somalia, Crimea, Sudan, Myanmar, Central African Republic, and Russia;
- Encryption and security: The provider uses state-of-the-art encryption and security procedures to protect its customers’ information and funds. They implement 256-bit SSL encryption to secure all data transmitted between its servers and users’ devices. Send Payments also uses two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to users’ accounts.
How Fast is Send Payments?
Send Payments’ transfer speeds vary depending on the chosen destination country and the transfer amount. They claim that the most it could take for an international money transfer to reach a recipient is 48 hours, while most of their transfers are completed within a few hours.
In general, the provider offers fast transfer times by leveraging a global network of payment partners and correspondent banks to facilitate transfers. The platform also offers real-time exchange rates and dedicated customer support to ensure that transfers are completed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Compared to the industry average, Send Payments’ transfer speeds are quite competitive. Many international money transfer services offer similar transfer speeds, although many are slower when the destination country is an exotic one and the transfer amount is high.
How to Use Send Payments
Using Send Payments requires no professional training as the process is simple and straightforward. Here’s what you need to do if you wish to use Send Payments to make international money transfers:
- Start by signing up. Provide your personal information and follow the prompts to verify your identity so you can create your Send Payments online account;
- Select a new transfer. Log in to your account and choose your transfer type. Then enter the recipient’s information, such as their name, address, and bank account details;
- Choose your currencies and enter the transfer amount. Enter the amount you want to transfer in your original currency and proceed by selecting the currency of your recipient’s bank account. Send Payments will display the exchange rate and estimated total cost of your transfer;
- Pay for the transfer. Enter your bank account details (or provide your POLi or PayID information) and pay for your transfer. Note that with Send Payments, you can’t use a debit or credit card to fund your money transfers;
- Get notified when the recipient receives the money. Once your payment is confirmed, Send Payments will begin processing your transfer. You can track the status of your transfer in your Send Payments account and get a confirmation email when the transfer is completed. The funds will be available in the recipient’s bank account within the estimated timeframe provided by Send Payments..
Send Payments Cancellation Policy
Send Payments allow customers to cancel a transfer within a certain timeframe after initiating an international money transfer. Customers can cancel their transfer for a full refund of the transfer amount and fees if the transfer has not yet been processed by Send Payments.
A money transfer can be canceled even beyond that point, but the platform may charge you some processing fees.
To cancel a transfer, customers can log in to their Send Payments account and navigate to the transfer details page. From there, they can select the “Cancel transfer” option and follow the instructions provided.
It’s important to note that once a transfer has been completed, it cannot be canceled or refunded. In such cases, customers can contact Send Payments’ customer support and discuss their options further.
There have been cases where Send Payments were able to cancel or modify a transfer after it had been completed, but this is never guaranteed. Customers should review Send Payments’ cancellation policy before initiating a transfer to ensure that they understand the cancellation process and any potential fees or penalties associated with canceling a transfer.
Send Payments Customer Service
Send Payments are an example of professionalism and customer-centricity in the international money transfer industry. They assign dedicated account managers for every client who provide personalized support and guidance throughout the transfer process.
Having a dedicated account manager allows clients to ask questions, receive expert advice, and stay informed about the status of their transfer. This level of personalized service sets Send Payments apart from other money transfer providers and demonstrates their commitment to ensuring a smooth and stress-free transfer experience for their clients.
Additionally, customers can always contact Send Payments for info on the best time to send money or exchange currencies. This can help them save money and make more informed decisions when sending funds abroad.
To contact Send Payments, customers can use the following information:
- Phone – Australia: 1800 982 418;
- Phone – International: +61 7 5619 5700;
- Email: email@example.com.
Note that Send Payments’ customer support team is available only from Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm AEST.
How Does Send Payments Compare With Its Competitors?
Send Payments is a relatively new player in the international money transfer industry, but it has quickly established itself as a competitive and customer-focused provider. With its personalized service and bank-beating rates, Send Payments is a compelling alternative to more established players in the market.
In this review, we’ve compared Send Payments to some of the top competitors in the industry, including OFX, WorldRemit, and Remitly. Each of these companies has its strengths and weaknesses, and choosing the right provider depends on personal preferences and needs.
When compared to its competitors, Send Payments stands out for its commitment to personalized service, which includes dedicated account managers for each client. This human touch sets Send Payments apart from other providers that rely solely on technology to facilitate transfers.
Additionally, their $0 transfer-fees policy makes them an affordable option for individuals and businesses that need to send money internationally.
Send Payments vs. OFX
|Trading Volume||AU$1 billion||$140 billion|
|Trustpilot Rating||4.9 / 5||4.2 / 5|
|Suitable for||Both small and large money transfers.||Large money transfers.|
|Transfer Fee||None||AU$15.00 under $10,000 (Australia);|
CA$15.00 under $10,000 (Canada);
HK$60.00 under $50,000 (Hong Kong);
NZ$15.00 under $10,000 (New Zealand);
No fee for rest of the world.
|Average Exchange Rate Markup||About 1% is added to the mid-market exchange rate.||0.4% – 1.9% is added to the mid-market exchange rate.|
|Minimum Transfer Amount||AU$250 (or currency equivalent).||$1000 in the US;|
£100 in the UK;
€2 in the EU;
$150 in Hong Kong and Singapore;
AU$250 and its currency equivalent in the rest of the world.
|Maximum Transfer Amount||No limit (AU$25,000 for recurring, daily transfers).||No limit|
|Transfer Speed||0-2 business days on average||1-4 days (the average time is 1-3 days for major currencies and might extend to 3-5 days for exotic currencies).|
|Countries Covered||Sending from almost 60 countries to more than 180 countries.||190+ countries|
|Currencies Covered||37 different currencies at the moment.||55 currencies|
|Payment Methods||Bank account, POLi, and PayID.||Bank account|
|Receiving Methods||Bank account||Bank account|
|Cash Pick-Up Option||No||No|
|Instant Custom Quote||No||No|
|Business Features||Spot contracts, limit orders, stop orders, delayed contracts, and regular payments.||Forward contracts, limit orders, spot transfers, recurring payments, rate alerts, risk calculator.|
|Flagship Debit Card||No||No|
|Cancellation Policy||Most money transfers can be canceled upon contacting Send Payments. Note that transfers that have been completed are seldom refunded.||Each individual transfer’s cancellation can be discussed upon contacting an OFX representative.|
Read our full OFX review.
Send Payments vs. WorldRemit
|Trading Volume||AU$1 billion||~$10 billion|
|Trustpilot Rating||4.9 / 5||3.9 /5|
|Suitable for||Both small and large money transfers.||Remittances and small money transfers.|
|Transfer Fee||None||$0.99 – $3.99 depending on the transfer amount and the selected countries and payment methods.|
|Average Exchange Rate Markup||About 1% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||0.5% – 2.5% added to the mid-market exchange rate (1% – 1.6% on average).|
|Minimum Transfer Amount||AU$250 (or currency equivalent).||$1 (or currency equivalent)|
|Maximum Transfer Amount||No limit (AU$25,000 for recurring, daily transfers).||Depends on the selected countries and method of payments (ranges between $1,400 and $60,000).|
|Transfer Speed||0-2 business days on average/||0-2 business days on average (within minutes in 95% of cases).|
|Countries Covered||Sending from almost 60 countries to more than 180 countries.||Sending from over 50 countries;|
Receiving to over 145 countries.
|Currencies Covered||37 different currencies at the moment.||Over 70 currencies|
|Payment Methods||Bank account, POLi, and PayID.||Bank account, credit/debit/prepaid card, Apple Pay, POLi, Interac, iDEAL, Trustly, and Klarna/SOFORT.|
|Receiving Methods||Bank account||Bank account, mobile wallet, cash pickup, and home delivery.|
|Cash Pick-Up Option||No||Yes|
|Instant Custom Quote||No||Yes|
|Business Features||Spot contracts, limit orders, stop orders, delayed contracts, and regular payments.||No|
|Flagship Debit Card||No||No|
|Cancellation Policy||Most money transfers can be canceled upon contacting Send Payments. Note that transfers that have been completed are seldom refunded.||Only when the transfer hasn’t been paid out. Bank and mobile wallet transfers may be refunded even after the transfer is completed if the recipient agrees to the refund.|
Read our full WorldRemit review.
Send Payments vs. Remitly
|Trading Volume||AU$1 billion||$20.4 billion in 2021|
|Trustpilot Rating||4.9 / 5||4.1 / 5|
|Suitable for||Both small and large money transfers.||Remittances (small monthly money transfers to family or friends).|
|Transfer Fee||None||$0.00 – $50 depends on the selected countries, the transfer amount, and the payment method ($3.00 – $7.00 on average).|
|Average Exchange Rate Markup||About 1% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||1% – 2.5% on mid-market rates on average (can range between 0.5% and 3.7%).|
|Minimum Transfer Amount||AU$250 (or currency equivalent).||$1 (or currency equivalent)|
|Maximum Transfer Amount||No limit (AU$25,000 for recurring, daily transfers).||Depends on the sending and receiving country, the transfer amount, and the transfer method (from $3,000 to £150,000).|
|Transfer Speed||0-2 business days on average/||Within minutes (Express delivery);|
3-5 business days (Economy delivery).
|Countries Covered||Sending from almost 60 countries to more than 180 countries.||Over 180 countries|
|Currencies Covered||37 different currencies at the moment.||Over 75 currencies|
|Payment Methods||Bank account, POLi, and PayID.||Bank account, credit or debit card, Passbook (USA), Klarna (Germany and Austria), SEPA (France), and iDEAL (the Netherlands).|
|Receiving Methods||Bank account||Bank account, cash pick-up, mobile wallet, and home delivery.|
|Cash Pick-Up Option||No||Yes (about 400,000 locations worldwide).|
|Instant Custom Quote||No||No|
|Business Features||Spot contracts, limit orders, stop orders, delayed contracts, and regular payments.||No|
|Flagship Debit Card||No||Yes (Passbook card)|
|Cancellation Policy||Most money transfers can be canceled upon contacting Send Payments. Note that transfers that have been completed are seldom refunded.||Only available for transfers that are still “in the hands” of Remitly. Once they are intercepted by a bank, transfers cannot be canceled.|
Read our full Remitly review.
Send Payments Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are an essential aspect of evaluating any service. Online reviews can provide valuable insights into the experiences of past and present customers, highlighting both positive and negative aspects of a company’s service.
In that spirit, here we’ll discuss Send Payments’ overall picture from their customers’ point of view. Examining their online reviews, it seems like the company receives mostly positive reviews from its customers. Many users appreciate the company’s lack of fees, competitive exchange rates, and dedicated account managers. Customers often describe the service as reliable, efficient, and straightforward to use.
However, like any company, Send Payments also receives an occasional negative review. Common criticisms include transfer times that can sometimes be longer than expected and occasional technical issues with their web platform. Some customers have also noted that the company’s exchange rates are not always as competitive as other providers.
Despite such experiences, the overall sentiment of Send Payments’ customer reviews is outstanding, and the company continues to maintain a solid reputation in the industry. Now, let’s take a look at what some of their real customers posted about their experience with Send Payments.
Positive Send Payments Customer Reviews
If you have any concerns about this service just read the reviews. Cristina Barandiaran and the team were a pleasure to deal with. It was a very nerve-wracking time to do a significant money transfer, but Cristina provided answers to all of my concerns and maintained constant contact throughout the transaction period. Once we got the ball rolling, the whole thing took less than 48 hours to complete. I had a great experience working with Cristina and would highly recommend the service that the company offers.– Dimitriy Zhiltsov
Ollie was amazing. I was super nervous as it was my first time doing a very large transfer overseas. They are legit! Ollie guided and reassured me every step of the way making the process so easy. I even did a test run on a small amount to make sure it would hit my overseas account and quizzed him on the privacy of my information I was providing. He was very easy to get a hold of and quick to respond. They understand what true customer service is and if I ever have to do it again I’ll be calling Ollie at Send Payments. Thanks heaps.– Trudi P.
I was a bit hesitant at first to use a new company to send a large amount of money (by my standards) but I shouldn’t have been. The process of getting set up is super hassle free and fast, and once I had verified my documents and recipient and sent the money I got a call from them personally to reassure me that support was available to ensure the transfer of funds was smooth! Within a day my payment was received in the US. Super speedy, efficient process and excellent customer service. The fact that they offer an excellent exchange rate is a bonus.– Nadia Shami
Negative Send Payments Customer Reviews
I send money to Thailand frequently. I have used Send Payments a couple of times, but mostly use Wise. Send Payments has charges which Wise and XE do not apply, by using intermediary banks which charge fees. A transfer which takes 30 sec with Wise, took 2 days with Send Payments, and, unlike Wise and XE, the money I received was less than that quoted. When I contacted Send Payments for an explanation, they declined to reply. I do not recommend Send Payments, because unlike the competition, the money you get may be less than that quoted, and therefore the rates are relatively poor, and also the transfer is slow.– Robert Flipo
Really disappointed in the information provided during my attempt at my first transfer with SendFX. I transferred the money to them via POLi which is the preferred method, this was easy but there was no warning that it would take 24 hours whereas if I’d done it by bank transfer it would have been immediate.
The next problem was receiving an email saying they needed to check my bank details by phone, as I’m in the UK I confirmed them by email but this still wasn’t good enough so I had to speak to Dave in the middle of the night. Had I been warned about all this in the process I would be far less annoyed and more willing to use them to send my house sale money but now I will look elsewhere.– Helen Mary
Started the transfer on 14 April and I called yesterday (26 April) to find out the status because I hadn’t heard from anyone and didn’t see money in my account. Turns out their bank rejected my transfer at some point in the last 2 weeks. I copied everything from the transfer confirmation, so I’m not sure what went wrong. But no one let me know anything and when my bank received the transfer back, it was $20 short of what I originally sent.
So, with the wire fee of $45, the $20 their bank took from me, and 2 weeks of time wasted, I never got any service from them. They have way worse currency exchange rates than Wise and I started my Wise transfer yesterday and received it in my bank today. Not even 24 hours after starting it, I had the money in my account with Wise. Definitely use them instead of this company! Even after losing $65, I still ended up with $240 extra than I would’ve had my transfer not been rejected. I guess things work out for a reason! Yes, Wise charges a transfer fee of $30 but with their significantly better exchange rates, it’s absolutely worth it!– Lorianne Willingham
Send Payments Alternatives
Western Union is probably the most popular player in the international money transfer industry. They offer some unique features that may make them a better option than Send Payments for certain users.
One of Western Union’s unique features is their extensive network of physical locations worldwide, which can be convenient for users who prefer to send or receive cash. They have over 550,000 agent locations across 200 countries and territories, making it easy for customers to send or receive money in person.
Western Union also offers same-day transfers, which can be faster than Send Payments’ standard transfer times. Additionally, Western Union has a mobile app that allows users to initiate transfers and track them on the go.
Finally, Western Union has a loyalty program called My WU that offers discounts and rewards for frequent users. Users can earn points for every transfer and redeem them for discounts on future transfers or other rewards.
Currencies Direct is another well-established provider for making international money transfers. There are some aspects of their service that might make them more suitable than Send Payments for some users.
Their offer includes customized solutions for both businesses and individuals. They have a team of dedicated currency experts who help clients navigate complex markets and create tailored solutions to manage their currency risks.
Currencies Direct also offers a multi-currency account that allows users to hold and manage funds in different currencies, making it easy for users to manage their international payments and expenses.
The provider’s user-friendly online platform and mobile app allow users to initiate transfers, track them, and manage their accounts with great ease. They’re often regarded as one of the best international money transfer services for business users who make large money transfers as their rates get lower as the transfer amount increases.
XE is our third alternative to Send Payments. They offer live exchange rates and provide users with real-time alerts when the exchange rate reaches a certain level. This can be helpful for users who want to take advantage of favorable exchange rates and make their transfers at the best possible time.
XE also provides a range of products and services beyond just money transfers, including currency tools and analysis, business solutions, and a multi-currency account that allows users to hold and manage funds in multiple currencies. This can be beneficial for businesses or individuals who have complex currency needs and want a comprehensive solution.
XE enjoys a strong reputation in the industry and has received high ratings from independent review sites like Trustpilot. Their multilingual support makes them a preferable solution in many corners of the world where English is not a dominant language.
We hope that with this review of Send Payments, you’re a step closer to understanding the features, costs, and benefits of this reputable international money transfer service.
From their diverse range of transfer options, including limit orders, stop orders, and delayed contracts, to their dedicated account managers and zero transfer fees, Send Payments demonstrates the utmost professionalism and attention to customer needs.
While Send Payments may not always have the lowest exchange rates compared to some of their competitors, they are still competitive and transparent regarding their costs. Their commitment to safety and security, including their regulatory compliance and fraud prevention measures, promises users some much-needed peace of mind.
Considering all of the above, we recommend that you browse around the rest of our top-rated international money transfer services and see if Send Payments is truly the right fit for your specific needs and preferences.
In what ways does Send Payments generate revenue without charging transfer fees?
Send Payments generates revenue by offering customers a slightly worse exchange rate (although much better than what banks offer) than the mid-market exchange rate. This is known as the spread, and it’s the difference between the exchange rate that Send Payments buys currency at and the exchange rate they sell to customers.
The spread is usually a couple of percentage points, so even though Send Payments doesn’t charge transfer fees, they make a profit from each transaction. On average, this exchange rate markup is around 1%.
What should I do if I enter the wrong information for my money transfer?
If you entered the wrong information for your money transfer with Send Payments, you should contact their customer support team immediately. They may be able to assist you in correcting the mistake before the transfer is processed. However, if the transfer has already been processed and claimed by the recipient, it may not be possible to recover the funds.
In such a case, Send Payments may not be held responsible for any lost or unrecoverable funds. Therefore, it is essential to double-check all information before completing a transfer.
What does it mean to sign a partnership with Send Payments?
Signing a partnership with Send Payments means that a business or organization agrees to work with Send Payments to offer its international money transfer services to their customers or members. The partnership typically involves integrating Send Payments’ platform and services into the partner’s existing system, allowing their clients to access Send Payments’ services seamlessly.
This can benefit both parties by expanding the partner’s service offerings and generating more revenue for Send Payments through increased usage of their platform. Additionally, a partnership with Send Payments can help businesses provide a convenient and efficient way for their customers to exchange currencies and transfer money internationally.
Are Send Payments and SendFX the same company?
Yes, Send Payments and SendFX are the same company. SendFX is a trading name of SendFX Pty Ltd, which is a subsidiary of SendFX Limited (formerly known as Send Money Pacific Limited), the parent company of Send Payments.
In 2018, when the company was launched, it went by SendFX. Then, in 2021, the company went through some major rebranding and changed its name to Send Payments along with some minor modifications to its services.
Can I use PayPal to pay for my Send Payments international money transfer?
No, Send Payments doesn’t currently accept PayPal as a payment method when making international money transfers. However, they do offer multiple payment options, including bank transfers, PayID, and POLi.