We curated a list of the 10 best money transfer companies in France that offer a bit of everything for everyone! We’ll explore all of their pros, cons, and features, but first, let’s talk a bit about the money transfer landscape in France.
How to Choose the Best Money Transfer Company in France
Before you dive head-first into the world of transferring your coins, here’s a little 101 on how to evaluate a money transfer company:
- Fee structure: No one likes hidden costs. I mean, surprise parties? Sure. Surprise fees? Not so much. Make sure you’re in the know about all those sneaky charges;
- Exchange rate: Ever bought something just to discover a cheaper alternative a day later? The same goes for your money if you’re not careful. Luckily, with a little research, you can find the right service that offers the most competitive rates for your particular transfer;
- Global coverage: For now, you might need to convert your euros to yen and send some to your cousin who got stuck in Tokyo. But you never know when you’d be needing to send money to another country in another currency. Signing up for a money transfer service that covers most of the globe is always preferable;
- Transfer speed: Waiting for money to arrive is like waiting for your bus when you’re late. Slow transfer can be painful when you’re in a rush. Look for a service that has a solid network and will move your money in a couple of days if not hours;
- Customer service: We’ve all been on hold with a company that seemed sophisticated at first. Don’t get stuck in transfer limbo. Aim for a company that treats you like a premium client.
Overview of the Money Transfer Landscape in France
Ah, the French financial scene – always a mixed bag of classic banking charm and modern techno-wizardry. Here’s the lowdown on where things stand:
France’s money transfer market is hotter than a croissant fresh out of the oven. We’re seeing an upward trend, with more folks opting to send and receive money, both domestically and internationally. Blame it on our increasing interconnectedness or the sheer allure of the French market – either way, money transfers are en vogue.
Digital technologies have done a number on the way we move our cash. Gone are the days of tedious paperwork and long queues. Today, it’s all about slick apps and online platforms, allowing everyone to transfer cash from the comfort of their chaise lounges. The digital era hasn’t just made transfers smoother but quicker too. Tap, click, and voilà – the euros are flying!
Now, with great power (and money) comes great responsibility. France is pretty on the ball when it comes to ensuring the safety of your funds. There’s a robust regulatory framework in place, which keeps those money transfer companies on their toes.
And let’s not forget about you, the customer. With a keen focus on transparency and security, you can bet there are measures ensuring your cash doesn’t just vanish into thin air. Think of it as a financial safety net, making sure you don’t drop a single cent.
Alright, now that we’ve set the stage, let’s dive into the crème de la crème of money transfer companies in France!
Comparison of the Top 10 Money Transfer Companies in France
|No.||Provider Name||Founded||Trustpilot rating||Countries Covered||Currencies Covered||Transfer Speed||Cash Pickup||Mobile App|
|1||Remitly||2011||4.1||180||75||Within minutes (express delivery);3-5 days (economy delivery).||Yes||Yes|
|2||WorldRemit||2010||4.1||145||70||0-2 days (within minutes in 95% of cases).||Yes||Yes|
|3||Currencies Direct||1996||4.9||200||70||1-2 hours within Europe;1-2 days for overseas transfers.||No||Yes|
|4||Western Union||1851||3.9||200||130||Within minutes for cash or debit card transfers;1-3 days for transfers between bank accounts.||Yes||Yes|
|6||Revolut||2015||4.3||200||29||Instant for Revolut users;1-2 days for the rest.||No||Yes|
|9||Currency Solutions||2003||4.7||160||40||3 hours-2 days||No||No|
|10||Instarem||2014||4.4||60||30||1-2 days||Only for the Philippines||Yes|
Fees, Rates, and Limits
|No.||Provider Name||Transfer Fee||Exchange Rate Margin||Minimum Transfer Amount||Maximum Transfer Amount|
|1||Remitly||$0.00 – $50 depends on the selected countries, the transfer amount, and the payment method ($3.00 – $7.00 on average).||1% – 2.5% added to the mid-market rate on average (can range between 0.5% and 3.7%).||$1||Depends on the sending and receiving country, the transfer amount, and the transfer method (from $3,000 to £150,000).|
|2||WorldRemit||$0.99 – $3.99 depending on the transfer amount and the selected countries and payment methods.||0.5% – 2.5% added to the mid-market exchange rate (1% – 1.6% on average).||$1||Depends on the selected countries and method of payment (ranges between $1,400 and $60,000).|
|3||Currencies Direct||No fee||0.4% to 1.4% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||£1||£25,000 through the mobile app;£300,000 by placing a special request.|
|4||Western Union||Based on the sender’s location, transfer amount, and payment method. Usually, there’s a fee that’s as low as $0-$15, but some can be as high as $100 if sending to an exotic location or paying by credit card.||1% – 5% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||$1||Depending on the sender’s country:$50,000 if identity verified;$3,000 if identity isn’t verified.|
|5||Moneycorp||No fee for online transfers;£15 for transfers over the phone.||Added to the mid-market exchange rate and varies between 1% for large transfers and 2% for small transfers.||£50||£100,000 (or currency equivalent) for online transfers.No limit for transfers over the phone.|
|6||Revolut||No fee for transferring to other Revolut users;Card transfers:0.7% (if you’re in Europe)2.3% (outside Europe)Bank transfers:fees can range between 0.35% and 1%.||A 0.5% – 2% markup is added to the mid-market exchange rate on weekends. There is usually no markup added on weekdays.||£1||Depends on the selected plan, the sending country, and the recipient country.|
|7||OFX||AU$15.00 under $10,000 (Australia);CAD $15.00 under $10,000 (Canada);HK $60.00 under $50,000 (Hong Kong);NZD $15.00 under $10,000 (New Zealand);No fee for the rest of the world.||0.4% – 1.9% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||$1000 in the US;£100 in the UK;€2 in the EU;$150 in Hong Kong and Singapore;AUD $250 and its currency equivalent in the rest of the world.||No limit|
|8||Caxton||No fee||N/A||£100 (or currency equivalent)||£100,000 (or currency equivalent);|
£10,000 if paying with a debit card.
|9||Currency Solutions||£10.00 fee for transfers below £3,000;£0.00 fee for transfers above £3,000.||0.5% – 1% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||£100||No limit for transfers over the phone;Online transfers:£20,000 for personal accounts;£50,000 for business accounts.|
|10||Instarem||Depends on the selected countries, the transfer amount, and the selected payment method.||0.3% – 0.6% added to the mid-market exchange rate.||$1;|
($50 for India)
|Depends on the origin country and the selected payment method.|
Review of the 10 Best Money Transfer Companies in France
|1.||Excellent customer service||Doesn’t provide dedicated account managers|
|2.||No minimum transfer limit when sending||Not great for large money transfers|
|3.||Fixed transfer fees||No option for instant custom quotes|
|4.||Extensive global coverage||Exchange rates can sometimes be substantial|
|5.||A knowledge base that’s a treasure trove of info|
|6.||Deals with a heap of currencies|
|7.||Top-tier mobile app|
|8.||Plenty of ways to fund your transfer|
|9.||Instantaneous money transfers|
|10.||Worldwide locations for cash pickup|
|11.||Decent Trustpilot rating|
- Founded: 2011
- Headquarters: Seattle, WA, USA
- Trading Highs: In 2021, Remitly juggled a whopping $20.4 billion. And how much did they rake in? A cool $458.6 million;
- Trustpilot Rating: With nearly 40,000 peeps giving their two cents, Remitly is sitting pretty with 4.1 stars out of 5. That’s kind of the norm in the international transfers world;
- Client Count: Over 3 million active customers trust Remitly with their cash;
- Global Reach: If you reside in any of Remitly’s 28 listed countries, we’ve got good news for you! You can ship your money off to a whopping 180 countries. The company supports 75 official currencies, including some of the rarer ones you might’ve never heard of;
- Transfer Limits: Want to send just a buck? Go for it. But what about the maximum limit? Well, it gets a bit complex, ranging anywhere from $3,000 to $150,000, depending on several factors like where you send the money and which currency you’re converting to;
- Fees and Rates: Fees can vary, from a cheeky $0 to $50, but you’re typically looking at a range of $3.00 – $7.00. You should also expect a margin of 1% – 2.5% over the mid-market rate, but sometimes it could be as low as 0.5% or sometimes even swing up to 3.7%;
- How to Send and Receive: Fund your transfers using methods like your bank account, credit/debit card, and more local payment methods. For recipients, whether it’s a bank account, a cash pickup, mobile wallet, or home delivery, Remitly’s got you covered;
- Language Support: Their site dances in 15 languages (French, German, English, Dutch, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Polish, Romanian, Portuguese, Italian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Turkish, and Thai) and offers multilingual chat and phone support;
- Regulatory Approval: Rest easy as Remitly’s got the nod from bigwigs like the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the Central Bank of Ireland, FCA in the UK, the FINTRAC in Canada, and the ASIC in Australia;
- Mobile App: You can always dive into Remitly’s amazing mobile app and make quick transfers wherever you are (its rating is 4.8 stars on Google Play and 4.9 on the App Store);
- The Trophy Cabinet: From being crowned the “Startup of the Year” award in 2016 to getting named in the FinTech 50 by Forbes in 2019, Remitly’s no stranger to the limelight;
- Customers’ Opinion: This money transfers provider is lauded by users for its swift transfers, user-friendly platform, and competitive fees, often besting traditional banks. While its Trustpilot rating shines with thousands of 5-star reviews, a few users have pointed out occasional hiccups with customer service and technical glitches.
Read our full Remitly review.
|1.||Comprehensive and informative knowledge base||Lacks business solutions like forward contracts and limit orders|
|2.||Small transaction fees||Not ideal for transferring large sums of money|
|3.||Instant, personalized cost estimates||Numerous criticisms pertaining to customer service|
|4.||Comprehensive global service availability||No personal account managers available|
|5.||Swift funds transfers|
|6.||Cash pickup services available|
|7.||Excellent policy for transfer cancellations|
|8.||Wide local presence with offices in 15 nations|
|9.||Mobile digital wallet features|
|10.||Competitive foreign exchange rates|
|11.||Strong coverage of over 70 unique currencies|
|12.||An abundance of payment methods|
- Founded: 2010
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Trading Highs: Every month, WorldRemit handles around 1.5 million transactions. This comes out to a whopping $10 billion in yearly money transfers, with their 2021 revenue hitting the $399.4 million mark;
- Trustpilot Rating: With nearly 70,000 reviews, WorldRemit holds its own on Trustpilot with a sturdy 3.9 out of 5 stars as of February 2023;
- Client Count: WorldRemit’s charm has wooed a staggering 5.7 million customers and counting;
- Global Reach: Want to ping some funds abroad? With WorldRemit, you can start the money journey from over 50 countries and reach out to 145 countries worldwide. Catering especially to our African friends, the company supports an impressive array of over 70 currencies;
- Transfer Limits: Small transfers, big transfers, they do it all. You can send as little as $1 or swing up to limits ranging from $1,400 to a hefty $60,000, depending on various factors like the money’s destination country and currency;
- Fees and Rates: Give this company a serious consideration, because WorldRemit’s fees are among the industry’s lowest, floating between $0.99 to $3.99. On average, you can expect a markup between 1% and 1.6% over the mid-market rate;
- How to Send and Receive: Choices galore here. From bank accounts to Apple Pay and even regional favorites like POLi and Klarna, WorldRemit’s got you. Also, whether it’s direct to a bank, mobile wallet, or even a doorstep delivery, WorldRemit offers a bevy of ways for recipients to get their green;
- Language Support: WorldRemit keeps it multilingual with French, English, German, Spanish, Danish, and Dutch for all its platforms;
- Regulatory Approval: They’re in good standing with big regulatory names across the globe including the National Bank of Belgium in France and the EU, the FCA (UK), FinCEN (USA), FINTAC (Canada), AUSTRAC (Australia), FSA (Japan), and more;
- Mobile App: WorldRemit’s mobile app is super popular among their users and shines with 4.7 stars on Google Play and 4.8 stars on the App Store;
- The Trophy Cabinet: WorldRemit might not be old-timers, but their accolades are many, featuring awards from the United Nations, Deloitte, the Sunday Times, and even the BBC. Clearly, they’re doing something right;
- Customers’ Opinion: Online reviews highlight WorldRemit’s positive reputation, with users praising its affordability, transparency, user-friendly platforms, and exemplary customer service. While most feedback is favorable, some users have noted issues with refunds, transfer delays, and occasional long waits to reach customer support. Overall, the majority of customers are pleased with WorldRemit’s services.
Read our full WorldRemit review.
|1.||Various payment options||Some US states aren’t supported|
|2.||One of the best exchange rates on the market||Not suitable for small money transfers|
|3.||Zero transfer fees||Instant custom quotes aren’t available|
|4.||Solutions that accommodate individuals and businesses alike||The web platform and mobile app need improving|
|5.||Scoring high on Trustpilot (4.9/5)||Exotic currencies coverage is limited|
|6.||Years of experience with dedicated specialists||Deposit options might feel a bit limited|
|7.||Solid currency coverage||Mobile app transfers have a tight maximum limit|
|8.||Swift transfers ranging from 1-2 business days|
|9.||Stellar customer service|
|10.||Stay in the know with exchange rate alerts|
|11.||Extensive knowledge base for your every query|
|12.||Global service coverage for a borderless experience|
- Founded: 1996
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Trading Highs: In 2021, Currencies Direct had a spectacular year. They achieved a trading volume of £9.5 billion facilitating all kinds of money transfer services;
- Trustpilot Rating: As of August 2023, this money transfers provider earned a 4.9/5 rating, tying for the highest among money transfer services with TorFX and Send Payments;
- Client Count: With a history spanning 25 years, Currencies Direct has catered to over 430,000 clients, many of whom are big players in the business sector;
- Global Reach: Currencies Direct facilitates transfers in more than 200 countries worldwide. While their currency support extends to over 70 global currencies;
- Transfer Limits: Their minimum transfer amount stands at $1.Via their mobile app, the maximum transfer limit is £25,000. However, for transfers up to £300,000, one must contact a Currencies Direct dealer directly;
- Fees and Rates: Currencies Direct charges zero transfer fees. Their exchange rate markups range between 0.40% to 1.40%, varying by selected countries and currencies;
- How to Send and Receive: Transactions can be made using bank accounts, checks, or credit/debit cards. Fund recipients must use bank accounts, as Currencies Direct doesn’t support cash pickups or other receiving options;
- Language Support: Services are available in ten languages, including French, English, Spanish, and Chinese;
- Regulatory Approval: Regulatory bodies such as the ACPR in France, the UK’s FCA, the USA’s FinCEN, and Spain’s Bank of Spain for the EU authorize Currencies Direct’s operations;
- Mobile App: The company’s mobile app, available for both Android and iOS with a 3.5/5 rating, offers a suite of features from tracking transfers to setting up exchange rate alerts;
- The Trophy Cabinet: Over the years, Currencies Direct has garnered various awards, including “Money Transfer Provider of the Year” by Money Age Magazine from 2016 to 2021 and “Best Rated Money Transfer” in 2019, 2020, and 2021 by Money Transfer Comparison;
- Customers’ Opinion: According to its customers, Currencies Direct is a highly-rated currency transfer service, boasting a 4.9/5 on Trustpilot. While some of them have concerns about extra documentation or recipient bank fees )issues often seen industry-wide) many of these complaints stem from regulations or external banks. It’s also advised to avoid using credit cards due to high fees. If you’ve ever faced bank fees or struggled with a customer rep, you’d understand; though the good news is, with Currencies Direct, you can always request a different account manager.
Read our full Currencies Direct review.
|1.||Worldwide service reach||Elevated transaction fees|
|2.||Availability of cash pickup locations||Absence of hedging options for businesses|
|3.||Beneficial rewards scheme||High markups on exchange rates|
|4.||Diverse payment methods||Not optimal for substantial money transfers|
|5.||Comprehensive information repository|
|6.||Fee and rate prediction tool|
|7.||Rapid fund transfers|
|8.||Robust currency handling|
|9.||Excellent mobile application|
|11.||High rating on Trustpilot|
|12.||An abundant industry experience|
- Founded: 1851
- Headquarters: Denver, CO, United States
- Trading Highs: Back in 2017, Western Union was all about the hustle, clocking in at about 32 transactions per second. They were moving a whopping $300 billion around the globe while dominating over 20% of the international transfer scene. They truly were the LeBron James of the money transfer game;
- Trustpilot Rating: A 3.9 out of 5 ain’t too bad, right? That’s Western Union, strong and steady, showing they’re still in the game to give you quality service;
- Client Count: 150 million customers annually? Western Union’s clientele is more than Russia’s entire population;
- Global Reach: With Western Union, you can pretty much send money to Timbuktu and back. With 550,000 agents worldwide, it’s almost like having a Western Union pal in every corner (except Iran and North Korea for obvious reasons). The company’s got your back with about 130 currencies. With them, your money travels cosmopolitan-style;
- Transfer Limits: Here’s the scoop: No minimum transfer with Western Union. Sending big? Go up to $50k, but keep it under $3k if you’re laying low without ID verification;
- Fees and Rates: Transfer fees are a mixed bag, ranging from the price of a cup of coffee to a fancy dinner out ($0-$15 usually, but sometimes as high as $100). As for exchange rates, they’re a bit on the pricier side, with markups from 1% to 5%. But hey, it’s still often a better deal than those old-school banks;
- How to Send and Receive: Options, options, options! Bank transfers, plastic money, or the classic cash – Western Union is open to everything. As for getting your money, you can pick it up in person, or let it roll into billions of bank accounts and mobile wallets globally;
- Language Support: Whether you’re chatting in French or dishing in German, Western Union is multilingual. They’re ready to talk shop in a whole host of languages including Danish, Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Italian, Swedish, Spanish, Finnish, English, Norwegian, and Polish;
- Regulatory Approval: Safety first, right? Western Union’s greenlit by the big leagues – think FCA in the UK, FINTRAC in Canada, and AUSTRAC down under, among others. In the US, they’ve got the nod from 49 states and DC;
- Mobile App: For all the app addicts, Western Union’s apps for iOS and Android are top-tier, making money moves a breeze from your device;
- The Trophy Cabinet: Western Union’s no stranger to the limelight. Their accolades range from innovation in payments to their standout humanitarian efforts. Safe to say, they’re not just in the game – they’re MVPs;
- Customers’ Opinion: Customers are indeed the best judge when it comes to the value a service provides. Diving into Trustpilot, Western Union flaunts a commendable 3.9 out of 5 stars, signaling they’re acing the customer satisfaction exam. Users often rave about the platform’s intuitiveness and multiple money-sending options, giving a nod to its efficiency. The often speedy transfers are like a crowd’s favorite track, getting everyone pumped. And the global outreach is basically unmatched. But every rose has its thorn, and for some, it’s the slightly steeper fees or the occasional hiccups with customer service. But in the grand scheme, many feel the perks outweigh the quirks.
Read our full Western Union review.
|1.||Unlimited transfer amounts for phone transactions||Inability to generate instant custom quotes|
|2.||Respectable Trustpilot rating||Online transfers are restricted by a low maximum limit|
|3.||Decades of industry experience||Mobile app enhancements seem necessary|
|4.||Operational in more than 190 nations worldwide||Absence of cash pickup services|
|5.||Exceptional customer support||Online transactions have limited currency options|
|6.||Speedy money transfers|
|7.||Broad array of features for businesses|
|9.||Impressive range of supported currencies|
|10.||In-depth local expertise|
|11.||Robust regulatory compliance|
|12.||Zero fees for transfers conducted online|
- Founded: 1979
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Trading Highs: Pop some champagne for Moneycorp’s 2021 stats – over 6.5 million payments and a cool £38 billion traded. And the £141 million in gross revenue is the cherry on top;
- Trustpilot Rating: Users are vibing with Moneycorp on Trustpilot, gifting them a glowing 4.3 out of 5 stars. In other words, they are pretty much “killing it”;
- Client Count: Business-wise, they’ve got 11,000 corporate fans cheering them on. As for personal clients? The exact digits remain unavailable, but given their extensive personal financial offerings, the number’s likely pretty spicy;
- Global Reach: Moneycorp’s playing on a global scale, reaching out to over 190 countries. The company is also playing it pretty sleek with 35 currencies online. Need more? Simply ring them up and access over 120 currencies;
- Transfer Limits: Slide as little as £50, or go big with £100,000 online. And if you’re truly in a need of making an outstanding transfer, know that there’s no cap when you call one of the currency experts;
- Fees and Rates: Online transfers come without a transfer fee attached. For phone transfers though, you should expect a little £15 nudge; Their markup floats between 1% and 2% above the mid-market rate. That might not be the sweetest deal, but they’re not breaking the bank either;
- How to Send and Receive: Send funds through a bank, debit card, or check. And the lucky receiver can see their money flowing into their bank account. Options like cash pickups and mobile wallets aren’t supported;
- Language Support: If you speak French, English, Romanian, Portuguese, or Spanish, you’re in for some good news because Moneycorp is fluent in these languages as well;
- Regulatory Approval: Moneycorp keeps all their books straight and narrow, with approval stamps from global heavy-hitters like the Bank of Ireland covering the EU region, the FCA and HMRC in the UK, FinCEN in the USA, FINTRAC in Canada, and more. They’ve got all corners of the globe covered, from the UK to Brazil;
- Mobile App: All of the app lovers can enjoy Moneycorp’s money transfer services via mobile platforms for both iOS and Android, as they stand ready to roll at all times;
- The Trophy Cabinet: Moneycorp has all of the accolades to back up the talk on the street. From the “Travel Money Provider of the Year” to making the shortlist for “Best Cross-Border Payments Service”, they’ve been turning heads and earning trophies;
- Customers’ Opinion: Delving into online feedback, Moneycorp is largely surfing a positive tide with its 4.3 Trustpilot rating. Users frequently applaud its simplicity and stellar customer service. However, there are a few ripples, with some critiques on their exchange rates and transfer times.
Read our full Moneycorp review.
|1.||Comprehensive suite of business-oriented features||No cash pickup options|
|2.||Wide range of supported currencies for travelers||Complex fee structure|
|3.||User-friendly debit card services||Inefficient for large-scale money transfers|
|4.||Fast money transfers||Limited scope of in-app currency support|
|5.||Option to trade in cryptocurrencies||A relative newcomer in the financial industry|
|6.||Virtual cards for secure online transactions|
|7.||An abundance of contemporary banking features|
|8.||Attractive foreign exchange rates|
|9.||Zero transfer fees for smaller transfers|
|10.||Broad coverage of services globally|
|11.||Exceptional customer support|
- Founded: 2015
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Trading Highs: 2022 was truly a breakout year for Revolut, handling a remarkable $140 billion in transactions. From a startup to a fintech powerhouse, their ascension is truly an embodiment of consumer trust;
- Trustpilot Rating: A formidable 4.3 out of 5 on Trustpilot suggests that Revolut’s commitment to seamless banking is well-received by its clientele;
- Client Count: A massive community of 30 million individual users and over 500,000 businesses trust Revolut for their banking needs;
- Global Reach: With services accessible in 200+ countries, Revolut has made its mark from Aruba to Zanzibar. Boasting 29 in-app currencies and providing withdrawal in 140 global currencies, the international money transfer company ensures financial flexibility for users worldwide;
- Transfer Limits: With no set minimum and varied maximums based on plans and countries, Revolut’s adaptability is unparalleled. It all depends on your personal plan, but know that you’ll be pleased with how flexible this provider is;
- Fees and Rates: Card transfers within Europe have a fee of 0.7% and 2.3% outside. Bank transfers, meanwhile, cost between 0.35% and 1%, depending on some specific conditions. Weekdays see no markup for transfers under $1,000. However, transfers above this have a 0.5% markup. Weekends attract a 0.5% – 2% markup based on the week’s mid-market rate;
- How to Send and Receive: Whether online or via their mobile app, Revolut keeps banking at your fingertips. Send money using a bank account, debit, or credit card and receive it in your bank account or directly on your card;
- Language Support: Catering to a global audience, Revolut supports a multitude of languages, including French, English, Spanish, Russian, German, Chinese, Czech, Croatian, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Slovak, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Japanese, Polish, Latvian, Lithuanian, and Romanian;
- Regulatory Approval: Ensuring utmost security, Revolut is regulated by esteemed global institutions like the Bank of Lithuania which oversees the French and the EU market, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the FCA in the UK, and the Kanto Local Finance Bureau in Japan;
- Mobile App: With a 4.7 rating on iOS and 4.5 on Android, Revolut’s app combines aesthetics with performance, resonating with millions of users globally;
- The Trophy Cabinet: Revolut’s pioneering spirit in fintech is well-decorated. Recognized by LinkedIn, City AM Awards, The Sunday Times, and many more, their accolades are a testament to their excellence and innovation. Some of them include:
- Innovation of The Year;
- Best FinTech Employer of the Year;
- Top Spot at The Startups 100;
- Europe’s Allstar Company.
- Customers’ Opinion: From a fledgling startup to an industry leader, Revolut’s trajectory is a blueprint for success in the digital finance landscape. Online reviews reveal a strong positive sentiment towards the company, with its user-friendly app, comprehensive features, and competitive exchange rates earning praise from its millions of personal and business users. While they boast an impressive Trustpilot rating, some users have noted occasional app glitches and slow customer service response times during high demand. Nonetheless, Revolut’s innovation and versatility in the fintech arena remain a powerhouse;
Read our full Revolut review.
|1.||Comprehensive FAQ resources||Absence of instant custom quote feature|
|2.||Attractive currency exchange rates||Limited options for funding transfers|
|3.||Generous transfer cancellation policy||Not ideal for transferring small amounts|
|4.||Exceptional mobile app user experience||Transfer fees apply for amounts less than $10,000|
|5.||Broad international service coverage|
|6.||Option for setting up exchange rate alerts|
|7.||Robust currency options|
|8.||Adaptable solutions tailored for businesses|
|9.||Swift money transfers within 1-3 days|
|10.||Outstanding customer support|
- Founded: 1998
- Headquarters: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Trading Highs: Since launching, OFX has facilitated over $140 billion in global transfers. Their current operations report around $100 million in net income, holding over $60 million in net cash.
- Trustpilot Rating: Catering largely to corporate clients, OFX has earned a commendable 4.3 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, placing it among the top-rated in its sector;
- Client Count: Over 1 million customers have trusted OFX with their transactions. Although some competitors boast higher client counts, the average transfer size at OFX is considerably larger;
- Global Reach: OFX showcases a broad reach, facilitating transfers in more than 190 countries worldwide. Currently supporting 55 currencies, this money transfer provider continues to expand its offering, having added 5 more recently;
- Transfer Limits: The minimum transfer amount with OFX varies by region: $1,000 USD (US), £100 (UK), €2 (EU), $150 USD (Hong Kong and Singapore), and AU$250 elsewhere. However, there’s no maximum limit, catering especially to substantial transfers;
- Fees and Rates: Transfers above $10,000 are free. Lower amounts have varying fees based on the sender’s location, but many international transfers remain fee-less. OFX’s margins on mid-market rates range from 0.4% to 1.9% which is quite solid when compared to their competitors;
- How to Send and Receive: OFX offers a secure online platform and a mobile app, ensuring a seamless money transfer experience. Transfers are funded exclusively via bank accounts, with recipients also receiving funds in their bank accounts;
- Language Support: Both the OFX digital platform and mobile app are supported only in English;
- Regulatory Approval: OFX operates under the scrutiny of over 50 global financial regulators. Notable among them are the Central Bank of Ireland in France and the European Union, the ASIC and AUSTRAC in Australia, MAS in Singapore, FCA and NCA in the UK, and FinCEN in the USA;
- Mobile App: The OFX mobile app offers a convenient alternative to the company’s website. It boasts a 4.9 rating on the App Store and 4.6 on Google Play;
- The Trophy Cabinet: With over two decades in business, OFX’s accolades include features in Deloitte’s Fast 50 and Fast 500 Asia Pacific, Australian Growth Company Awards, Canstar’s Outstanding Value in Money Transfers, and the recent honor of Best International Money Transfer Provider by the Finder Customer Satisfaction Awards;
- Customers’ Opinion: OFX’s impressive figures, expansive reach, and consistent accolades solidify its position as a trusted player in the money transfer realm, particularly for businesses making larger transactions. Most of their reviews are positive, praising its low exchange rate margins, no transfer fees, and excellent customer service. Scoring high on Trustpilot from nearly 6,000 reviews, customers highlight OFX’s transparency and savings. Some negative feedback mentions longer transfer times and documentation challenges, but these are minimal compared to the positive responses.
Read our full OFX review.
|1.||Option for exchange rate notifications||Exclusively accessible for UK residents|
|2.||Swift international money transfers||Scarce support for uncommon currencies|
|3.||Strong Trustpilot score||No instant custom quote feature|
|4.||Worldwide service availability||Non-transparent exchange rates|
|5.||Beneficial travel card|
|6.||No transfer fees|
|7.||Exceptional customer service|
|8.||Personalized service with dedicated account managers|
|9.||A variety of different payment choices|
- Founded: 2002
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Trading Highs: In 2022, Caxton reported successfully transferring £1 billion across 8.6 million transactions;
- Trustpilot Rating: As of August 2023, Caxton boasts a commendable Trustpilot score of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- Client Count: Caxton serves over 660,000 clients, having catered to hundreds of thousands over the years;
- Global Reach: Catering primarily to UK residents (but extending its services across the channel), Caxton facilitates transfers to over 170 countries, with about 20 exceptions. Additionally, their travel card is accepted at over 35 million ATMs globally. The company’s digital multi-currency wallet supports over 28 different currencies;
- Transfer Limits: Transactions facilitated by Caxton can range from a minimum of £100 up to a maximum of £100,000 (or their currency equivalents);
- Fees and Rates: There are no transfer fees for international transactions but there are exchange rate margins. Caxton’s rates are competitive, typically offering 1-3% better rates than many high street banks. The exact markup varies depending on several factors like the amount of the transfer, its route, and the currencies involved;
- How to Send and Receive: Customers can utilize Caxton’s online platform or mobile app, linking either their bank account or debit card for transactions. Caxton only supports those two options for sending money. Additionally, recipients receive funds directly in their bank accounts;
- Language Support: All services provided by Caxton, including customer support, are exclusively available in English;
- Regulatory Approval: Caxton operates under the Financial Services and Markets Act (FSMA), is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), and is supervised by the UK’s HMRC and FCA;
- Mobile App: Their robust mobile app, available on Android and iOS, provides comprehensive transfer features, such as live currency rates, transfer tracking, and a digital multi-currency wallet. Caxton also offers an app for managing their Currency Card;
- The Trophy Cabinet: Caxton has been recognized as the “FX Provider of the Year” at the FT and Investors Chronicle Awards 2018 and has received a “5 Star Travel Prepaid Card” from Moneyfacts in 2018;
- Customers’ Opinion: Caxton is highly regarded by its users, with a Trustpilot rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars that consistently remains high. Customers praise its user-friendly platform, competitive rates, and the lack of transfer fees. Although, there are some that raise concerns about transfer speed and transparency in exchange rate markups.
Read our full Caxton review.
|1.||Robust currency offerings with support for 40+ global currencies||Lack of an instant quote feature|
|2.||Fee-free transfers for larger amounts||Lack of a mobile application|
|3.||Outstanding customer support||Customer support isn’t available around the clock|
|4.||Advanced business FX features, including market orders and options contracts for effective currency risk management||Limited availability of exotic currencies|
|5.||Personalized service through dedicated account managers||Charges apply for smaller transfer amounts|
|6.||Competitive exchange rates|
|7.||Impressive Trustpilot rating|
|8.||Service availability in over 160 countries|
|9.||A longstanding industry experience|
|10.||Quick fund transfers|
- Founded: 2003
- Headquarters: London, UK
- Trading Highs: Currency Solutions is no newbie. They’ve been riding the high wave since 2018, handling over £1 billion each year in international money transfers. That is a serious number for a newcomer in the industry;
- Trustpilot Rating: The company’s Trustpilot score is a smashing 4.7 out of 5;
- Client Count: As of March 2019, Currency Solutions counts about 150,000 happy customers. That means that in such a short time, they’ve managed to woo such a huge number of clients – a testament to their skill and expertise;
- Global Reach: They’re facilitating international money transfers in over 160 countries and dealing with 40+ currencies. So, whether you’re sending dinero to Mexico or rupees to India, they’ve got you;
- Transfer Limits: With a minimum transfer of just £100, Currency Solutions covers pretty much all of their customers’ smaller transfers. As for the big bucks? There’s no cap on phone transfers! But if you’re going the online route, personal accounts have a £20,000 cap, and business accounts, a cool £50,000. It should also be noted that both can make up to three international transfers daily;
- Fees and Rates: For the little transfers under £3,000, there’s a £10.00 fee. Anything above that doesn’t come with a transfer fee attached. As for exchange rates, they’re adding a 0.5% – 1% margin to the mid-market exchange rate – a super-convenient deal in the international money transfer game;
- How to Send and Receive: While they don’t offer a mobile app just yet, you can hop on their online platform or simply ring them up for a transfer. Bank accounts or your Visa/Mastercard – both work for funding transfers. On the flip side, the money drops straight into the recipient’s bank without any detours or additional fuss;
- Language Support: For now, Currency Solutions offers English as the sole language of their website and customer support;
- Regulatory Approval: The FCA in the UK is keeping tabs on how Currency Solutions conduct their business. They’ve got the green light for both regulated products/services and payment services, including our favorite – international money transfers.
- Mobile App: As we mentioned above, the company still hasn’t provided a mobile app for easier money transfer initiation and management;
- The Trophy Cabinet: When it comes to official recognition, Currency Solutions has bagged the title of the Best Currency Transfer Provider in 2016 and also has been a top-rated player on Trustpilot from 2017 to 2020;
- Customers’ Opinion: The talk on the internet for Currency Solutions is largely positive, with customers lauding their competitive rates, fee-free transfers over £3,000, and standout customer service. While they offer advanced features like market orders for corporate users, occasional negative feedback is dwarfed by the trust they’ve built with a significant base of content clients.
Read our full Currency Solutions review.
|1.||Exclusive amaze card offered by Instarem||No hedging tools such as forward contracts or limit orders for businesses|
|2.||Exceptional customer service||No cash pickup options (only available for residents in the Philippines)|
|3.||Robust mobile application for easy access||Not ideal for large financial transfers|
|4.||Attractive foreign exchange rates||Limited support for multiple languages|
|5.||International service reach covering over 60 countries||Limited support for less common, exotic currencies|
|6.||Broad currency coverage|
|7.||Quick money transfers|
|8.||A wide array of payment choices|
|9.||High rating on Trustpilot|
|10.||Instant, free quotes providing transparency and avoiding hidden costs|
- Founded: 2014
- Headquarters: Singapore
- Trading Highs: Instarem isn’t just playing in the sandbox – they’re ruling the playground. With a whopping $3 billion trading volume annually, the world is clearly on board with what Instarem brings to the table;
- Trustpilot Rating: Sporting a solid 4.4 Trustpilot rating, Instarem is clearly nailing the customer satisfaction game, promising transparency and a hassle-free experience;
- Client Count: Instarem’s fan club boasts over a million members, each trusting the brand’s innovative and just approach to money transfers;
- Global Reach: Instarem’s reach is immense! With them, you can send money to over 60 countries. They’re definitely playing the global game. And with over 30 currencies at your disposal, this money transfer provider offers a world of choices to cater to your specific needs;
- Transfer Limits: There isn’t a floor limit with Instarem (India is the exception with $50). However, they’ve got several ceilings that are variable, so a quick peek at their website can give you all of the specifics;
- Fees and Rates: Instarem doesn’t play hide-and-seek with their fees. They’re upfront and depend on the combination of countries, transfer amounts, and payment ways. Their exchange rate markup stays transparent, hovering between 0.3% to 0.6% which is added to the mid-market exchange rate;
- How to Send and Receive: Whether you’re in Singapore, the UK, the US, or elsewhere, Instarem has an array of options lined up. From bank transfers to credit cards and innovative local options, they’ve got a solution for every sender. For recipients, bank accounts are the standard, but there’s more: Alipay wallets in China, and in the Philippines, you can even grab your money in cold, hard cash;
- Language Support: Currently, Instarem’s services are English only, but with their intuitive platform, you’ll glide through any transaction with ease;
- Regulatory Approval: Top-tier regulatory bodies across the globe have Instarem’s back, ensuring your money’s always in safe hands. They’re vetted and approved by authorities from:
- France and EU: Bank of Lithuania;
- USA: FinCEN;
- Canada: FINTRAC;
- UK: FCA;
- Australia: ASIC;
- Japan: Kanto Local Finance Bureau;
- Hong Kong: Customs and Excise Department;
- India: Reserve Bank of India;
- Indonesia: Bank of Indonesia;
- Malaysia: Central Bank of Malaysia;
- Singapore: Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Mobile App: Manage your money on the go with Instarem’s online platform or their much-loved mobile app. Its ratings speak volumes about it with 4.1/5 on iOS and 4.3/5 on Android;
- The Trophy Cabinet: And, of course, Instarem isn’t just another face in the crowd. Their mantlepiece is heavy with accolades, from the Singapore Fintech Award and the Blockchain Innovator Award to the FinTech Rising Star Award and the Mozo Experts Choice recognitions in 2020 and 2021;
- Customers’ Opinion: Online buzz suggests Instarem is a big hitter in the international money transfer game, boasting a solid 4.4 Trustpilot rating. Customers love its user-friendly design, swift transfers, competitive rates, and sharp customer service. On the flip side, feedback points to a desire for both more origin and sending locations, occasional issues with transfer speeds, and a tricky verification process.
Read our full Instarem review.
As we’ve traversed the landscape of France’s top money transfer companies, it’s evident that the world of international finance is no longer restricted to banks and traditional institutions. From steadfast networks to innovative technologies, the competition is fierce, and the beneficiaries are the users seeking cost-effective, speedy, and reliable services.
These companies, with their groundbreaking platforms, competitive rates, and solid commitment to customer satisfaction, are reshaping the narrative of cross-border transactions. They’re not just facilitating the mere act of transferring money. They’re bridging gaps, connecting families, fuelling businesses, and above all, simplifying a process that was once mired in bureaucracy.
But like any service, it’s essential to do your own homework. What works best for one person in a particular scenario might not be the right fit for another. Consider factors like transfer fees, speed, customer reviews, and the sheer reach of service before making a choice.
Lastly, it’s thrilling to see how technology and innovation are continuously pushing boundaries. Today, we have mobile apps and online platforms. Tomorrow, maybe we’ll see more instantaneous transfers, even better rates, or new features that we haven’t even dreamt of yet. One thing’s for sure: France’s money transfer sector is on an exciting trajectory, and we’re here for the ride.
Why focus only on France when these companies are global?
While many of these companies operate globally, our article zeroes in on their performance and suitability for the French market. Different regions can have unique needs, and it’s essential to tailor the information accordingly.
Aren’t banks the safer option for international transfers?
Traditionally, banks were the go-to solution, but many of these money transfer companies are regulated by the same authoritative bodies as banks. Additionally, they take their services very seriously and are proven players in the highly competitive money transfer scene. It’s all about understanding the landscape and picking a trusted player.
Do exchange rates make a significant difference in transfers?
Absolutely! Small fluctuations in exchange rates can result in significant differences, especially for large sums. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a service offering competitive rates.
How often do these rankings change?
The world of finance is dynamic! Rankings might evolve based on customer reviews, technological advancements, or shifts in the industry. We’re committed to making every effort to stay updated and deliver the most reliable information to our community.
I’ve never heard of some of these companies. Are they new?
While most of the companies included in the list above have a long-standing track record, some might be newer entrants. In any case, they’ve all made a significant impact in their own time. It’s all about the value they provide, not just how long they’ve been around.
How do mobile apps play a role in money transfers?
Mobile apps provide users with the convenience of transferring money whenever they may be at any given moment. They’re becoming essential tools for real-time tracking, easy transactions, and instant notifications.
Is customer service really that crucial for money transfer companies?
Definitely! When dealing with your hard-earned money, having a responsive and understanding customer service team is paramount. They can address concerns, rectify issues, and ensure a smooth transfer process.
Why are there transfer limits? I’m looking to move a large sum.
Transfer limits often exist for security and regulatory reasons. However, many companies allow higher limits or even unlimited transfers with additional verification or through specific transfer methods.
Are there hidden fees I should be aware of?
While our article highlights prominent fee structures, it’s always a good idea to double-check with the company directly. Transparent companies will clearly outline any costs involved, as in many cases, third parties may charge their own administrative and service fees.
How does the Trustpilot rating influence these rankings?
Trustpilot is a huge platform for real users to share their experiences. A high rating there is an indicator of customer satisfaction, but it’s just one of the many factors considered in our evaluations.
If I’m not in France but use these companies, will I have the same experience?
While the core services remain consistent, some features or offers might vary based on the region. It’s always wise to check the specifics for your location.
Can I set up regular transfers with these companies, like monthly payments?
Many of these companies do offer the functionality for regular, scheduled transfers. It’s a handy feature for those who have recurring international payments, like mortgages or tuition fees.Also see: