The Worldwide Employee Relocation Council (ERC) describes itself as the workforce mobility association for professionals who oversee, manage, or support U.S. domestic and international employee transfer.
Its purpose is to help members – who come from a range of professions, including HR, real estate and military – to deal with the challenges of workforce mobility.
Key facts about the ERC:
- ERC members come from a diverse range of professions, including HR, recruiting, government, military, real estate, financial services, moving, counseling and consulting.
- The ERC remit covers issues and management practices for relocation professionals within the United States and between all other countries.
- The ERC is headquartered in Washington, DC, with a European bureau in Brussels, Belgium.
- The ERC offers accreditations such as Certified Relocation Professional and Global Mobility Specialist.
- There are various different membership categories available, including Corporate Membership (mostly in house professionals), Mobility Service Membership (for workforce mobility businesses), Personal/Professional (PERC™) Membership (those seeking information, such as academics and job seekers), Relocation Appraiser, Real Estate Broker and Relocation Management Company.
- As of 2005, the ERC had more than 12,000 members (the most up to date statistics available).
Worldwide Employee Relocation Council profile:
The ERC has numerous functions, including lobbying on behalf of members, providing training and education, as well as opportunities for networking. It is also involved in helping to develop industry standardisation and consensus building and progressing new working practices and e-solutions.
As well as acting for, and with, its member, the ERC has become known for collecting a range of data via surveys, including analysing cities’ suitability for newly relocated families. The ERC has established itself as an authority on workforce mobility.
Criteria for membership:
Membership criteria are not listed on the website.
List of Worldwide ERC Member Moving Companies
- Armstrong Relocation
- Arpin International
- Atlas Van Lines
- Santa Fe Relocation Services
- Sterling Relocation
- Arpin Van Lines
- DT Moving
- BTR International
Opinions about the ERC
The ERC does not appear on that many websites. Where it is mentioned it is often in the context of organisations that are affiliated to it, such as the Great Lakes Relocation Council.
To supply the needs of the relocation market and thus to help employees with a smooth start regarding their new period of life, six individuals founded the precursor of the Worldwide Employee Relocation Council (ERC) in 1964 in Chicago.