Atlas Van Lines International offers the following services for people moving abroad. You can also view a company profile and read reviews below:
Personal and Corporate moves:
- Global door-to-door household goods transportation
- Ocean & air freight
- Automobiles and boats
- Project freight (exhibits and displays)
- Program administration & support
- Policy development
- Transferee housing
- Destination services
- Value protection service
- Full-service corporate travel agency
- Program management and reporting
Long-term storage management
Government and military moves:
- Support the Defense Personal Property Program (DP3)
- International household goods move management (Codes 4, 5 and T)
- Domestic household goods move management (Codes 1 and 2)
- International baggage shipments (Code J)
- OTO shipments
- A dedicated customer service team providing VIP personal care for service members
- GSA account team dedicated solely to managing international moves for US government agencies
- I-CHAMP participant
Exhibits & Freight:
- Trade show displays
- Store fixtures
- Special projects overseas
Atlas Van Lines International Company Profile
Atlas International is an affiliate of the privately held Atlas Van Lines, and is part of Atlas World Group. They have been moving people abroad for over 50 years. They focus on primarily on corporate relocations which account for 85% of their 7,000 moves each year.
However, they also do move individual professionals, government employees and members of the US military (and their families).
The company claims to have a commitment to integrity, quality and solutions. They are a member of the following organizations:
- C-TPAT certification with US Customs & Border Patrol
- ISO 9001 registered
- RIM® – Registered International Mover
- American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA)
- HHG Forwarders Association of America (HHGFAA)
- Latin American & Caribbean Moving Association (LACMA)
- International Air Transportation Association (IATA)
- European Mover Partnership
- Employee Relocation Council (Worldwide ERC)
- Licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission as a NVOCC, License # 79NF
- Participating ITGBL carrier in the CHAMP program for US Government agencies
- Participating ITGBL carrier for the US Department of Defense
The have the following global agencies:
- Highly qualified Atlas agencies throughout all 50 states in the U.S.
- Over 130 agents across Canada.
- More than 300 Atlas-preferred agents working in every country worldwide.
They also claim that the relocation professionals you see and interact with – at both ends of your move have been pre-qualified.
Atlas Van Lines International Reviews
Please note: includes reviews for both Atlas Van Lines and Atlas International
- “I was extremely impressed with not only how hard they worked but with the care they took with my belongings.” – Laurie via Atlas Van Lines review page
- “Atlas was a great choice. I highly recommend them to anyone who has a long distance move and is uneasy about strangers taking their belongings.” – Kate via MyMovingReviews
- “BBB has determined that Atlas Van Lines International meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.” Better Business Bureau
- “I just needed to drop a line after the great experience we had with Atlas Van Lines.” – Shahram via Consumer Affairs
- “I couldn’t be happier with the services Atlas Van Lines provided during my move to Houston. Even with awful weather, my furniture made it on time.” Katelyn via Yelp
- “Our little girls’ baby scrap book is gone, irreplaceable.” – Ruth via Atlas Van Lines review page
- “Atlas is the worst. We’re currently in the middle of a military move with them, so we didn’t get to pick. After reading horrific reviews of the company I was concerned, but figured that as a military family they would do their best to take care of those who have sacrificed and served their country. This has not been the case.” – Chrstine via Credio
- “I really wanted to like Atlas and their Canadian agent, AMJ Campbell. They were in the middle of the quotes given to me, not too high, not too low. They were recommended by a friend who did a similar International move a year ago. But they have failed miserably on a number of accounts.”– Irene A. via Yelp
- “The movers were 21 days late delivering my items.” – James via MyMovingReviews
- “We recently used ATLAS van lines and do not recommend this company for anyone. We were quoted less than $7,000 for our small move and delivery service. In the end we paid over $12,000 and then got a DROP-OFF service.” Noreen via Consumer Affairs
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Partial. While the website contains a lot of useful information is not particularly well laid out. Moreover, it is not fully responsive on mobile.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes, 12 (see above)
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Partial. While there are some testimonials scattered throughout the website, there is no one place to view them all. Moreover, while they have a client section under corporate relocations no clients are mentioned by name.
Overall score: 4/5
Review Date: 21/04/2016
Read more about international moving companies, US based moving companies and our review process explained.