Bournes offers its clients a selection of international removals services for moving overseas which are listed below. There also follows a company profile and reviews.
- Full packing service
- Part packing service
- Special care furniture export wrapping
- Assistance with documentation
- Transport by ship – full container shipping, part load, wooden container
- Pet relocation
- Vehicle relocation
- Maid service
- Handyman service
- Insurance arranged
- Pre-departure planning includes a needs assessment (schools etc)
- Cross-cultural training’
- Look-see programme
- Home finding and orientation service
- School search
- Settling in service
- Business practices
- Repatriation assistance
- Project management
- Pre-move planning
- Packing and unpacking services
- Transportation worldwide
- Inside delivery
- Installation and assembly
- Reverse logistics and liquidations
- Over 1200 locations on 6 continents
- Long term and short term
- CCTV 24/7 or security teams
- All secure locations
Bournes Company Profile
Bournes was established in 1875 by Thomas Bourne as a general cartage company, delivering goods and coal. After WWII, the company expanded into removals and storage. The 1960s and 70s saw the company grow considerably, buying up smaller firms and building dedicated storage facilities.
Bournes began European moves in 1993 and in 2001 they started moving internationally. They were now able to relocate people and companies to 1500 locations in over 120 countries.
The company is still family run today by the fifth generation of Bournes whose family and business values are honesty, integrity and transparency. Bournes have dedicated, well trained staff members who liaise with hundreds of global relocation and moving experts around the world.
Bournes have the following accreditations and affiliations:
- Harmony Relocation Network
- A British Standard ISO 9001:2008 Removal Company
- The British Association of Removers (BAR)
- The British Association of Removers Overseas Group
- Which? Trusted Trader
- The International Association of Movers (IAM)
- European Relocation Association (EuRA)
- The Movers Trading Club (MTC)
Bournes Moves Reviews
- “Bournes were amazing from the original assessment of what I should and shouldn’t ship to Australia, the packing and the unpacking in Australia. The service made the move as stress-free as such a move can be and I cannot recommend them highly enough.” – via Bournes Review page
- “Speedy service with competitive rates. Team were very polite and helpful and managed the changes to our completion dates well. Extra storage was provided easily overnight so we could clean the new property before moving in. All round good service.” – via BAR review page
- “Excellent service from knowledgeable and reassuring quote through to helpful & friendly team who helped us with the move” – Susanna via Which?
- “I was very pleased. Especially when my shipment arrived safely to my home in the UK as the crew were extremely polite and very helpful.” – Susan via Facebook
- “We had the misfortune of choosing Bournes which was our first move in 19 years so therefore a big thing for the whole family. Please be very aware when choosing this company.” – Ali via Removal Reviews
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international removals quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, The website contains quite a lot of useful information.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes, see above.
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Some, there are customer reviews on the website but they are not the easiest to find, which is strange, because they are very positive.
Overall score: 4.5/5
Review Date: 03/09/2016
Read about other removals companies and more on our review process.