BAR Overseas Group is part of the British Association of Removers (BAR), a Trade Association.
Just like its parent organisation, it is dedicated to promoting professional excellence in the removals industry and has particular experience dealing with part and full container load shipments worldwide and goods coming into the UK from abroad.
Key facts about BAR Overseas Group:
- BAR Overseas consists of a group of 50 expert UK companies who specialise in every aspect of overseas and international removals and relocations.
- Members subscribe to an Advanced Payment Guarantee scheme designed to protect all customer pre-payments.
- Members are professional companies committed to the highest standards of service and who specialise in overseas relocations.
- The BAR Overseas Group demands high standards from its members with respect to elements such as staff training, vehicles and equipment and on site visits can take place at a random time.
- Quality Standard BS 8564 was developed by the BAR Overseas Group in collaboration with BSI (British Standards Institution). All members must hold this.
- The BAR Advanced Payment Guarantee protects customers – if the mover that the customer booked with is in financial difficulties then another mover takes over to ensure the job is completed, at no extra cost to the customer.
The BAR is the oldest trade association in the removals sector and the Overseas Group is designed to extend its reach from the UK to destinations all over the world.
Membership is only open to removers who already hold BAR membership but this doesn’t guarantee being accepted as part of the Overseas Group. The group’s vision is to make its members the trusted mover of choice for overseas work in the industry and to promote and develop professional best moving practices for overseas removals.
Criteria for membership:
- Members must already belong to the BAR.
- Members must belong to an approved Advanced Payment Guarantee (APG) Scheme.
- Members must either possess FIDI-FAIM, or BS 8564 (The Overseas Moving Standard), or equivalent or higher approved externally audited standard.
Sample Member Companies:
Opinions about the BAR Overseas Group
BAR Overseas is viewed as having strict membership criteria with members regularly inspected to ensure that standards have not slipped. The association’s reputation is built on its comprehensive review of its members, which includes everything from operations to facilities.
The financial protection scheme is seen as a big asset for members as they are able to offer additional financial protection to customers. BAR Overseas benefits from the existing reputation of the British Association of Removers and is regarded as a quality standard for overseas removals.
One company highlights the fact that there are only 50-60 companies in the UK that have met the criteria to join the BAR Overseas Group and this is one reason why it is such an achievement to receive the membership.
Members must meet strict standards and are regularly inspected to make sure that their facilities, equipment, staff training and operational procedures remain at the highest level.
The BAR Overseas Group created the IMMI (International Movers Mutual Insurance) Advance Payment Scheme in order to protect customers.
Guaranteed peace of mind for your overseas removal.The BAR Overseas Group is a specialist section of the British Association of Removers whose members are expert in all areas of overseas removals. Less than 60 companies in the UK meet the stringent membership criteria and exacting standards required of its members.