Wheaton World Wide Moving (formerly Wheaton Van Lines) offers its clients a range of services from international moves to local moves. These are listed below, together with a company profile and reviews.
International Moves and Relocation Assistance
- Door to door moving
- Packing – do it yourself, fragile items or full service packing
- Disassembling and reassembling furniture
- Pet relocation
- Vehicle shipping and relocation
- Immigration services
- Intercultural training
- Language training
- Home sale services
- Property management
- Preview trip services
- Home finding assistance
- School search
- Post-arrival orientations
- Partner career support
- Handyman and domestic help services
- Furniture rental
- On-assignment support
- Wheaton’s partners, Crown Relocation, assist with moves
Government and Military Moves
- Network of 350 agents in the United States
- Packing and unpacking
- Special packing for sensitive electronics
- Storage if necessary
Specialised and Commercial Moves
- Office and industrial
- Special commodity
- Commercial moving
- Long term
- Short term
- 207 state of the art warehouses in 58 countries
Wheaton Worldwide Moving Company Profile
Wheaton Van Lines was started in 1945 by Earnest S. Wheaton and was originally called Clipper Van Lines. The company began by servicing 22 state in the eastern US but during the 1950s, expansion meant that not only was the whole country covered but international moves were also initiated.
During the 1980s Wheaton Van Lines changed its name to Wheaton Worldwide Moving. The company is based in Indianapolis, IN. Wheaton aim to keep their standards exceptionally high and track and analyse data to this effect. They also take their customer reviews very seriously and have been collecting customer feedback for the last 25 years in order to keep at the top of their game.
Wheaton Worldwide Moving gives back to the community through various charities. It is also a company which constantly strives to reduce its carbon footprint.
Wheaton Worldwide Moving has the following accreditations and affiliations:
- American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) – ProMover
- National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business A+
Wheaton Worldwide Moving Reviews
- “Good company. Good value. Would use again.” – David X via Yelp
- “The Wheaton staff in Houston became my angels at a very difficult time in my life.” – Bonnie M via BBB
- “They were nothing but the best from start to finish.” – Judith via MyMovingReviews.com
- “We have used Wheaton moving before and had a very good move so when it came time to move again, we knew who to call.” – Freddy Lancaster via Review-A-Mover
- “Wheaton is again refusing to accept responsibility for destroyed items. They are throwing out one excuse after the next and each one makes less sense than the last.” – Amy T via Yelp
- “From beginning to end this company was the worst moving company we have ever dealt with and we have had over 6 professional moves in our marriage.” – Nikki F via BBB
- “We were told the volume of our household required the entire trailer and that was what they were paid for. Instead they squeezed a second load in with our load resulting in items been left behind and containers and appliances been squashed, damaged, lost and destroyed…” – Anthony via MyMovingReviews.com
- “Be careful, run away before hiring this company.” – David Gutierrez via Review-A-Mover
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, there are many guides and resources on the site.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes, see above
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials. Yes, Customer reviews and testimonials are very important to the company.
Overall score: 5/5
Review Date: 05/08/2016
Read more about international moving companies, US & Canadian moving companies and our review process.