North American Van Lines offer their customers services for international, corporate and domestic moves. A list of these services follows, together with a company profile and reviews.
International Moving for Individuals and Companies
- Door to door service
- Packing, padding and protecting belongings
- Disassembling furniture
- Ship containers for every application
- Advice on what to pack and what to sell for cost effectiveness
- Help with customs clearance
- Delivery and reassembling furniture
- 24/7 online shipping tracking
- Valuation protection programme
- Short term and long term storage arranged
Relocation Special Services
- Home purchase and temporary living assistance
- Financial and insurance provider assistance
- Cross-cultural training
- Language training
- Childcare and school referrals
- Medical care and prescription replacement
- Automobile purchase and services
- Driving lessons
- Packing and crating
- Personal relocation coordinator
- Home sale and purchase assistance
- Area orientation
- Spousal assistance
- Mortgage services
- Settling in services
- Packing and unpacking – do it yourself, fragile items only or full pack
- Large selection of packing materials
- Disassembling and reassembling of furniture
- Unpacking if required
- Disposal of debris
- Long term and short term storage
- Household moving
- Local moving
- Long distance moving
- Military moving
- Cross country moving
- Interstate moving
- Express small shipment
- National movers
- Art and antiques
North American Van Lines Company Profile
North American Van Lines first began its trucking activities in 1933 with 12 agents. Five years later is had over 120 agents. The company deals with home and office moves, both locally, nationally and internationally. North American Van Lines became a subsidiary of SIRVA Inc. in 1998.
The company has nearly 8,000 employees and operates 1,694 trucks. It is estimated that their vehicles have travelled 37,256,707 miles.
North American Van Lines has over 500 agents in the North America. They have satellite tracking to pinpoint all shipments at all times. They also use crane vans which allows them to load and unload large items without a loading dock.
The company have implemented a Quality Programme for training all employees and agents to the highest possible standard.
North American Van Lines accreditations and affiliations:
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism Compliant (C-TPAT)
- American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) – ProMover
- BBB Accredited Business
- Canadian Association of Movers (CAM)
North American Van Lines Reviews
- “We move all the time and this was the best move we ever had. We never had a move where things had gone this great. Everything was just wonderful.” – Justin P customer testimonial from their website.
- “Always on time efficient personable and really helpful. We were pleasantly surprised that after our goofs were loaded and weighed we actually were charged less than the quoted amount! I would definitely recommend them!” – Candace via BBB
- “Moving from one house with a long, windy, narrow driveway to another hundreds of miles away was no easy task for any mover. But North American Van Lines provided a wonderful experience that made moving less stressful…and dare I say, fun??” – Phyllis via Facebook
- “Awful experience with this company. I used them to move from Baltimore to San Francisco. They use local moving companies contracted with North American to pick up and drop your things off.” – Nick via MyMovingReviews
- “Moving from Peru to Iowa was a nightmare. The worst part was having the truck unloaded by “professionals” from North American Van Lines.” – Arthur via Consumer Affairs
- “It’s been 10 days since my things were picked up from Oklahoma.There are only 2 business days left on the delivery window and they JUST found out that the DRIVER NEVER PICKED UP MY STUFF.” – via Pissed Consumer
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, lots of information for about domestic and international moves.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes, see above
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials. Yes, there are many testimonials on the page, but most are quite short.
Overall score: 4.5/5
Review Date: 04/08/2016
Read more about international movers, Canadian and US movers and our moving review process.