National Van Lines offers its customers a wide range of moving services. These are listed below together with a company profile and reviews.
- Individual and corporate
- Dedicated move coordinator
- Counselling on all aspects of the moving process
- Guidance on documentation requirements
- Door-to-door cost estimates for shipping by ocean or air
- Tracking to ensure the shipment arrives safely
- Coordination of each step of the move
- Assistance in the unlikely event of a claim
- Store fixtures
- Trade shows
- Gaming equipment
- Slot machines
- Auto transport
- Piano moving
- Art moving
- Grandfather clock and antiques movers
- Pool table movers
- International and local
- One employee or whole office
- Computer and electronics movers
- Lab and medical equipment movers
- Local moves
- Long distance moves
- Cross country
- Full service offered
- Long and short term
- Climate controlled
- 24/7 security
National Van Lines Company Profile
The current CEO of National Van Lines, Maureen Beal, is the granddaughter of its founder, F. J. McKee. McKee started the business in Chicago in 1901 with one cart and one pony to delivery ice and coal.
The company has thrived since then and now moves people, companies and military personnel locally and worldwide. It has over 400 agents to assist with this process.
The company’s motto is “Moving Your Memories” which is a reminder to both staff and customer that personal belongings are precious and will always be handled with care.
National Van Lines has the following accreditations and affiliations:
National Van Lines Reviews
- “I was very pleased with the pick up and delivery of my furniture. Dave was also very professional and provided me with a fair estimate.” – Bari via company testimonial page
- “National Van Lines picked up on time, delivered on time, and nothing was lost or broken.” – Gail via Yelp
- “I have only one word to say. AWESOME!” – Lori via MyMovingReviews.com
- “Over the last 8 years, I have moved 5-6 times and I have never had an experience like this.” – Cindy via Consumer Affairs
- “National Van Lines did not deliver my household goods on the date I was told by the driver. They told me my invoice gave me the date but the problem was I never received an invoice. Upon delivery more than half my items were missing.” – Franchon via BBB
- “Our experience with National Van Lines was a nightmare. The representative who signed us up just seemed so professional and efficient when we met her. We never dreamed we were getting into a terrible mess.” – via Credio
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes the website outlines their services and also offers useful guides.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Yes There are positive customer testimonials on the site, but a few negative ones on the rest of internet.
Overall score: 4.5/5
Review Date: 05/11/2016