Mayflower Transit offers its customers a range of domestic and international moving services, which are listed below. There also follows a company profile and reviews.
- Visa and immigration services
- Preview trip and area orientation
- Country and culture information
- Pre-move planning
- Transportation of belongings
- Managing the move
- Shipment tracking
International Destination Services
- Cultural and language training
- School assistance
- Partner/spouse support
- Settling in service
- Departure assistance
- Weight multiplier
- High-value inventory
- Itemised valued inventory
- Home finding services
- Temporary accommodation
- Property and tenancy management
Moving to Canada
- Required documentation and regulations
- Information on shipping belongings
- Information on shipping vehicles
Types of Moves
- Household movers – short and long distance
- Local movers
- Corporate movers
- Military and government movers
- International movers
- Packing and unpacking
- Moving protection
- Auto transport
- Cleaning service
- Debris collection
- Installation of home theatre system and/or computers
- Gardening service
- Real estate services
Mayflower Transit Company Profile
Mayflower Transit was founded in 1927 by Conrad M. Gentry and Don F. Kenworthy in Indianapolis. The founding members wanted to give people an alternative to moving their belongings by rail.
By the end of WWII, the company had expanded and now included services such as company employee relocations and moving and setting up tradeshows.
In 1995, Mayflower Transit joined UniGroup which is a $1.7 billion company that offers moving, transportation and storage worldwide. Mayflower Transit offers a wide variety of services from do it yourself moving and storage, to bespoke full service.
Mayflower Transit affiliations and accreditations:
- National Quality Assurance USA (NQA) ISO 9001:2008
- American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) – ProMover
Mayflower Transit Reviews
- “They showed up on time, arrived at our new address on time, and the final price that we paid was EXACTLY what they quoted us from the start !! “ – Paul I via MyMovingReviews.com
- “They did an excellent job for us, setting up beds, reassembling furniture that had to be taken apart for packing. My wife and I were both very happy with the way we were moved.” – Jon via Consumer Affairs
- “If I could give 0 stars, I absolutely would.” – Bill M. via MyMovingReviews.com
- “I wish we had read the reviews prior to our move. The experience was terrible from start to finish” – Alison via Consumer Affairs
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes. The website contains a lot of information and more is available when asking for a quote.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes, see above.
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Yes, there are many positive customer reviews on the site.
Overall score: 4.5/5
Review Date: 25/07/2016