Hapag-Lloyd is a global shipping company with its head office in Hamburg, Germany. It offers its clients a wide range of shipping and logistics solutions. These are listed below together with a company profile and reviews.
- Broad range of container solutions
- Fast transit times
- On point schedule reliability
- Door to door service offered
- Chemical shipments, regulations adhered to
- Fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, flowers
- Pharmaceutical high value products
- Controlled atmosphere
- ExtraFresh and EverFresh technology used to reduce condensation
- Professional handlers
- Personalized solutions for every complex dangerous goods transportation
- 24/7 support from dangerous goods experts in all regional head offices (Hamburg, Valparaiso, Piscataway and Singapore)
- Several dangerous goods experts on call during weekends
- Quick and reliable booking check to safeguard international legal requirements and a smooth transport of goods
- Proper stowage and segregation on board to ensure a safe sea voyage for all cargo
- Where appropriate, utilize safe transport measures even beyond the requirements of the IMDG Code
- Specialised team
- Breakbulk – experts plan oversized projects
- Meet ISO requirements
- Dry Cargo – Standard, Standard High Cube, Standard Hardtop, Standard High Cube Hardtop
- Reefer Cargo – Maintain temperature from -35°C to +30°C
- Low tare weight = high payload design
- Special Cargo – Flatrack/Platform, Flatrack High Cube, Open Top/Hard Top, Open Top High Cube, Hardtop High Cube.
- 125 years’ experience
- World cruises
Hapag-Lloyd Company Profile
Hapag-Lloyd was founded in 1970 when Hamburg-Amerikanische Packetfahrt-Actien-Gesellschaft (Hapag) and Norddeutscher Lloyd merged. Both of these companies began in the mid-nineteenth century when emigration from Europe to the United States started in earnest.
Today Hapag-Lloyd serves markets and customers globally and has an extensive liner service network which connects the world. It has over 190 ships which transport an average of 7.4 TEU annually. The company employs around 9,300 people and has over 600 offices located in 120 countries around the world.
The Hapag-Lloyd fleet has a total capacity of 955,000 TEU and container stock of 1.5 million TEU. It has one of the world’s largest and modern reefer container fleets.
Hapag-Lloyd has the following accreditations and affiliations:
- International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC)
- Safety Management Certificate (SMC)
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
- World Shipping Council (WSC)
Hapag-Lloyd Shipping Reviews
At the time of writing we could not find any reviews for Hapag-Lloyd’s shipping services online.
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international shipping quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, The website is extremely detailed and well designed.
- Membership in international recognized shipping organizations: Yes, (see above).
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials. No, but they do list awards and certification.
Overall score: 4.5/5
Review Date: 24/04/2017