COSCO Shipping Lines (China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company) offers its clients a wide array of services. These are listed below together with a company profile and reviews.
- Vessel fleet – 170 modern container vessels
- Service routes – 84 international shipping routes and 23 domestic
- Global network
- 22,000 refrigerated containers
Dry Bulk Cargo Shipping
- Vessel fleet – 380 vessels, carrying capacity 34 million DWTs
- Iron Ore
- Other bulk cargoes
- 1,000 ports in over 100 countries
- Ship-shore synchronising system
Oil and Gas Shipping
- Ship to over 300 ports globally
- Crude oil
- Product oil
- LPG and LNG
Specialised and General Cargo Transportation
- Multipurpose heavy lifting vessels
- Semi-submersible ships
- Asphalt ships
- Timber carriers
- Car carriers
Shipping Finance Sector
- Ship chartering
- Container leasing
- Terminal storage facilities
- Shipping insurance
Passenger Liner Services
- Chinese domestic coastline
- China – Japan
- China – Korea
- Mainland Taiwan
COSCO Shipping Lines Company Profile
China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company is owned by the Chinese government and has its headquarters in Shanghai. COSCO is the largest dry bulk carrier in China and ranks as one of the largest worldwide. It has a total of 1,114 vessels, with a capacity of 85.32 million DWT. It also owns 46 container terminals worldwide with 190 berthing spaces.
In February 2016, the COSCO Group merged with China Shipping Group, thus forming China COSCO Shipping Corporation. They are a diverse company providing services in shipping, ship building and repair, terminal operation and container manufacture to name but a few of their interests.
China COSCO Shipping Corporation Ltd has the following accreditations and affiliations:
- International Ship Security Certificate
- Safety Management Certificate
- Management System Accreditation Certificate
- Environmental Management System Accreditation
- Occupational Health Safety Management System Accreditation
- Company Energy Efficiency Management Certificate
COSCO Shipping Lines Reviews
At the time of publication we could not find any positive or negative reviews of COSCO Shipping Lines’ services.
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international shipping quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes, they offer an online quotation service and also an e-business service to track your shipments.
- Clear information on website: Partial, the website has a lot of information but is not the most user friendly.
- Membership in international recognized shipping organizations: Yes
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials. No, we could not find any at the time of publication.
Overall score: 3.5/5
Review Date: 24/04/2017
More on other international shipping companies, container shipping rates and our review process.