CMA CGM Group offers its clients a wide range of shipping and logistics solutions. These are listed below together with a company profile and reviews.
- General-use containers (20’/40’/40′ HC/45′ HC);
- Pallet wide containers (40′ HC PW/45′ HC PW);
- Specialised containers (flat-rack, open-top, open-side, platform, tank, etc.)
- Personalised service
- 20′ RE/40′ RH Reefer containers,
- The market’s largest fleet of 45′ RH Pallet wide containers, dedicated to intra-European trade.
- Dedicated department
- Ships cargo with non-standard dimensions and weights
- Luxury cars
- Large machinery
- Railroad cars
- Oversized turbines and generators
- Expertise in transporting breakbulk cargo
Inland – Intermodal Services – Every Continent
- Comprehensive door-to-door service
- Tailor made inland solutions – (rail, road and river)
- Optimise the supply chain with cost-saving door-to-door opportunities
- Attractive specific detention & demurrage
- Accurate monitoring for timely deliveries
- Easy booking and follow-up via ane-business platform
AQUAVIVA – Shipping Live Lobsters
- Door-to-door service
- New alternative to both freezing and costly airfreight
- Maintains natural lobster habitat
- Guarantees first-day freshness and quality even over a long term conservation
- Respectful to the environment
RORO (Roll on Roll off)
- Algeria: a service to Mostaganem and Oran and a service to Béja
- Morocco: a service to Casablanca
- Tunisia: a service to Rades and La Goulette
- Share day to day life with crew
- 170 maritime lines, 450 ports and 150 countries
- Book for a few days or a few months
- Go ashore for a day or week and catch the next ship
CMA CGM Group Company Profile
The CMA CGM Group was started in Marseilles by Jacques R. Saadé in 1978 who started Compagnie Maritime d’Affrètement (CMA). CMA had one ship and four employees who worked one shipping line between Beirut, Lattakia, Marseille and Livorno.
By 1980 CMA has two ships, a staff of 65 and has opened up offices in Europe. In 1983 CMA began its multimodal service, allowing goods to be shipped door to door.
In 1999 CGM and CMA merged, making the company number 12 in the world. By 2003, the company had risen to 5th position. 2006 saw CMA CGM became the world’s 3rd largest container shipping and transportation company, which it remains until today.
Today the CMA CGM group employs nearly 25,000 people globally and has 64 offices and agencies around the globe. It has two major headquarters, one in Marseilles and one in Norfolk, Virginia. The company operates on 170 maritime lines and calls at 450 ports in 150 countries. It is now the third largest shipping company in the world and has a fleet of 428 ships.
CMA CGM has the following accreditations and affiliations:
- International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC)
- Safety Management Certificate (SMC)
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
- World Shipping Council (WSC)
CMA CGM Group Reviews
At the time of writing we could not find any reviews for CMA CGM Group’s shipping services online.
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international shipping quotes? (Online estimate request form): No, it seems you have to register to get quotes.
- Clear information on website: Yes, the website has detailed information about all their services.
- Membership in international recognized shipping organizations: Yes
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials. No, there are none listed on their website.
Overall score: 3.5/5
Review Date: 21/04/2017
More on other international shipping companies, container shipping rates and our review process.