The map above shows the world divided into 4 based on Travel Advisories from the US Department of State. The different categories are:
- Level 1 (Green): Exercise Normal Precautions
- Level 2 (Yellow): Exercise Increased Caution
- Level 3 (Orange): Reconsider Travel
- Level 4 (Red): Do Not Travel
And some of the choices are somewhat interesting.
- Most of Eastern Europe is considered safer than Western Europe despite bordering a war zone. (Ukraine and Russia are sensibly Level 4 Do Not Travel)
- There is also a level called ‘Other’ which seems to just be for Mexico
- Some countries such Japan are Orange (Level 3) because of COVID restrictions.
- Some people commented on the original post that it seems a bit strange that Western Europe is considered as risky as South Africa or Brazil given drastically different crime rates.
Find this map interesting? Please help by sharing it and leave a comment below: