1-800-Pack-Rat offers its customers an easy option when it comes to moving. The details are listed below, together with a company profile and reviews.
Long Distance and Local Moves
- Deliver container at least 30 days prior to moving
- Self-pack container or employ professional packers
- Complimentary no-cut container lock
- Complimentary $10,000 contents protection
- Long and short storage option
- Container collection and delivery to destination
- Military personnel can choose a personally procured move (PPM)
- Government will reimburse 95% of professional moving costs
- Container delivered to the door
- 30 days or more to pack
- Container shipping to new location
- 24/7 video surveillance
- Automated sprinklers
- Climate controlled
- Easy on site access
- No hassle delivery
- Restoration and remediation
- Contractor services
- Seasonal storage
- Real estate services
- Disaster relief
- Event storage
- Retail and commercial storage
- Insurance companies
- Corporate or military relocation
- Freight and logistics solutions
1-800-Pack-Rat Company Profile
1-800-Pack-Rat has numerous facilities in the United States and Canada. The company has over 10 years’ experience of storage and moving people and companies locally and long distance.
1-800-Pack-Rat has the following accreditations and affiliations:
- None shown on website, although the International Association of Movers does list them in their member directory.
- “It was wonderful not having to worry about this aspect of our relocation. The entire experience from my initial call, to getting competitive quotes, to online scheduling, to autopay, and dealing with the knowledgeable and friendly staff when I had questions, was stress-free. I haven’t finished unpacking, but so far, so good on my belongings arriving safe and sound.” – Heather via customer testimonial
- “We moved all of our belongings with 1-800-PACK-RAT and the experience was great. They were available for questions, even at night and were polite and friendly. They met every deadline, allowed us to pack our own stuff over a couple of days & then, within 10 days, drove it to our new location.” – via TrustPilot
- “I recently made a long distance move from California to Florida using Pack Rat storage. And I will use them again, they were on time from drop off to delivery and Pack Rat were cheaper than PODS.” – Paul via Yelp
- “They are a nightmare. No one there knows what the other is doing.” – Mia via Yelp
- “They were unable or more like unwilling to even deliver the pod to my house. The driver did not measure anything. Was there for 2 minutes and drove away. When I called customer service they were so incredibly rude!” – Leila via BBB.org
- “So angry with 1-800-PackRat” – via Pissed Consumer
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, The website clearly outlines all the services the company offers.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes, but not listed on the website.
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Yes, but reviews from the rest of the internet are very mixed.
Overall score: 4/5
Review Date: 23/02/2017