John Mason International Movers offers clients various removal services which are listed below. There also follows a company profile and reviews.
International Shipping Services – To and From the UK
- Door to door service
- Dedicated move manager
- Professional export packing at home
- Shipping by air or sea
- Full container load or shared container
- Baggage service for single items
- Network of professional worldwide agents
- Customs clearance
- Delivery and unpacking in new home
- Storage at origin and destination
- All Risk Marine Insurance
- Maid and handyman services
International Relocation Services
- Assistance with home sale
- Departure service – clearing up any loose ends e.g. minor repairs and cleaning
- Move management
- Orientation tours – including viewing of property and schools
- Cultural and language training
- Settling in – opening bank accounts, registering with a doctor and dentist and a myriad of other tasks to make life easy
- Pet relocation
European Shipping and Removals
- Purpose-built European vehicle fleet
- Dedicated move managers
- Door to door service
- Dedicated service – the vehicle will contain one person’s/company’s goods
- Part load service
- Packing options – owner packed, chosen items professionally packed, full professional pack
- Customs and excise assistance if applicable
- Air freight can be arranged
Trade Shipping Services
- Air freight
- European road services
- Archive storage
- Boat storage
- Caravan storage
- Commercial storage
- Household storage
- Motorbike storage
- Student storage
- Vehicle storage
John Mason International Movers Company Profile
John Mason International Movers was started by Mary Mason in 1884. She was joined by her son, John Mason in 1887, when their main business was moving coal. John Mason took over the business from his mother in 1890 and started a general carrying and moving company. The company continued to expand and prosper and in 1955, it started a daily removal service to Ireland.
John Mason has continued to grow and now performs an average of 8,000 removals around the globe each year. International moves, corporate and commercial moves and household moves and storage are the foundation of this family run business. Their vision is to have a totally flexible moving service with an emphasis on family values and integrity.
John Mason’s affiliations and accreditations:
- The British Association of Removers (BAR)
- The British Association of Removers Overseas Remover
- Overseas Moving Network International (OMNI)
- The International Federation of International Movers (FIDI)
- The Movers Trading Club (MTC)
- Trading Standards Institute
- Latin American and Caribbean International Movers Association (LACMA)
John Mason International Movers Reviews
- “My whole experience with John Mason’s has been very good, from having Tony surveying till today with the container being packed, I will definitely recommend John Mason to provide removal services.” – M.H. South Shields from John Mason website.
- “I found the team at John Masons exceptional. From the home visit, their frequent updates, the removal men, all were fantastic.” – Jaclyn via Facebook review
- “We did the same move 3 months ago, used John Masons international movers. They did the packing and unpacking too. I can’t recommend them highly enough, not one single thing broken or lost.” – via Mumsnet
- “Absolutely dreadful. They are the partners of the shipping company that I used to relocate back to London from New York. I have now been waiting 4 weeks since my shipment arrived in the U.K. (And was advised my stuff was on the next transport to the area) and have been constantly chasing to get an update.” – Julia via Facebook review
- “All in all, this was the worst moving experience I’ve had in my numerous years of moving internationally. If you have any choice in the matter, do not use this company.” – Andrea via RemovalReviews.co.uk.
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get international removals quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, The website is fairly comprehensive, however, more detailed information will be supplied on request.
- Membership in international recognised moving organisations: Yes, see above.
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Some, there are customer reviews on the bottom of each page, but no dedicated page for them. Moreover, while they have mostly positive reviews online, there are a few negative ones.
Overall score: 4/5
Review Date: 28/09/16